Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Well my birthday has finally come and with it a new T&T DH1510-3.(Really love my wife!!) Just wondering what line you guys would recommend for it. I plan to use mainly heavy tips with it type 8, 300 big boy, 400 big boy. Any info would be greatly appreciated. As for a reel I will be using a Waterworks Force 4.
Thanks in advanced,
Ryan

·
Registered
2,100 Posts

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
I second Bob's recommendation, the Windcutter is the way to go for the heavy tips (meaning the Big Boys) you are planning on using with the rod. Assuming you are not new to spey casting, I recommend the 9/10/11 Windcutter with or without tips (this depends on how comfortable you are with cutting and looping your own lines). If you are new to spey casting, use the 10/11/12 Windcutter.

By the way, this is one of my favorite rods, although I use mine with an 8/9 GrandSpey.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the recomendations. I also have heard that the 10/11 midspey is also a great choice. I have an 8/9 grandspey and a 10/11/12 windcutter that I may try.
Thanks for you help.
Mulder

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
I agree with Bob, the 10/11 MidSpey will overload the T&T 1510 if you are a good spey caster. Remember that T&T rates their rods with a single number and that is the maximum line size. Therefore, the 1510 is designed for the 9/10 Spey lines.

Since you have the 8/9 GrandSpey, you have a great line to use on it, except for casting the Big Boys. Big Boys should be reserved for use with a Windcutter or Delta Spey.

If you take the middle section (tip 2) out of your 10/11/12 Windcutter, it will cast the Big Boys very well on your 1510.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts