Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dana (and/or anyone else who knows),
You wrote about how those underhand casting in Europe can still control their line using some technique. May I ask what that is, and how can i find out more? And thanks for the extremely helpful tips you put on your website. I can actually underhand cast a mid-belly (well, it gets out there MOST of the time). Thanks for all your help. Please let me know about the line control.

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
If you ever watch guys float fish (or if you've ever donw that yourself) you have a pretty good idea about how to control a shooting head at range. Use the length of the two-hander to lift the running line off the water so that you have a direct connection between the shooting head and rod tip. A good initial presentation helps a lot (make an aerial mend like a reach mend). With this direct connection you can control the short head quite effectively.

I would say though that when it comes to the downstream swing types of presentation, the best line control is really none at all, meaning that once you get things set up at the outset of your cast and drift, you shouldn't be doing much of anything other than making minor adjustments.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I will give that a try. I am still working on the long-belly. Luckily I have your very helpful videos and lessons....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.