Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
They are the same style of line. I do believe the Rio has a bit harder finish. The Airflo version only goes to 9wt while Rio has them all the way to 12wt in the floaters models and heavier in some of the sinkers.

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
The other main difference is the head of the rio is a few feet longer that the airflo. This seems to helps it hold its casting energy a little better than the airflo when casting long distances overhead with a two hander.

-sean

·
Registered
323 Posts
RIO Outboud versus Airflo 40 +

The Rio Outbound belly length is roughly 3 feet longer than the 40+ and is a bit heavier. In side by side tests I find that the RIO Outbound does hold its casting energy better and turns over much better than the Airflo. All side by side testing was done with single handed TFO ticrx 6 and 8 weight rods, casting distances out to 110+ feet. Although I liked the Outbound much better than the Airflo I did find that when I weighed the belly of each line the Airflo was very consistant in their advertised grain weights but the Outbound varied from 30 grains less to 50 grains more that what was advertised on the package.

Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts