Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and a spey virgin!

I now have a rod and reel, but am struggling to decide on a line(s)...

I have a GLoomis Kispiox 9/10 and a Ross CLA 6.

I will be fishing the Bulkley and many other northern rivers.

Any suggestions would be awsome!

Len

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
I have only cast the next size down (13'9"-8/9) of your rod. I would pick a short head spey line. A multi tip if you can spend that much will give you a great deal of versitility. In the short head length the "jedis" call for 575grns to 650grns. For me the Kispiox rods are on the slower side action wise so I would stay on the lower end of this range.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in

I'm jumpin' on Len. I too have just made the move to the two-hander, all the talk of grains, shooting heads, long bellies :Eyecrazy: I'm looking for line and leader info for the layman. I've got a CND Expert 1308. HELP ! :Eyecrazy:

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Hey Q...

Delta or Delta Long 7/8 works great on that rod. A Rio or Teeny 15' knotless leader with 18'' chopped off the back will serve nicely for a floating line leader.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Many thanks

MJC, Thanks I've got your number, ( though I'm begging to think my wife wishes that I didn't :chuckle: ), I'll be giving you a call when we're out of this deep freeze. SgtQ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.