Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need line advice on the new G loomis imx pro shot spey. It is a 11 foot 11 inch 5 weight rod. Thanks

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,244 Posts
How about the S/A Spey Lite Integrated. I have heard some good thing about it. I think that's what Jerry French is pushing these days as well.

Dan

·
no expectations
64 Posts
I really dig my 51111. I’ve found 360-ish grain to be the sweet range for skagit heads. Alot of the reviews online rave about the airflo skagit scout as the choice for this rod but i found 20’ head to be my preference (SA or rio) as the better choice for my casting stroke. Enjoy the rod as I feel it’s an under the radar winner!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Go to Yellowstone Anglers website and look for Gear Review. Then look at 2017 5-Weight Trout Switch Spey Shootout. The G Loomis IMX is there. Gives you all the information you need and then some!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'll be following this thread closely.

I've just recently acquired a 5111 too and tried several lines with it for a couple of hours. Thus far I liked the SA SpeyLite Skagit Integrated 330 with Imow light, T-8 and T-11. The Scout 360 felt a bit heavy to my liking but I'll give it another whip. Per someone's recommendation I bought a SA Freightliner 360 floater and will try it in a week or two.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just ordered OPST commando smooth 300 grain line. It has intergrated running line. Will let you know how it casts.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried the OPST smooth 300 grain line today at a local fly shop. They put backing on my reel. Wow this line cast a mile. Both salesmen were impressed and both will buy this line. The running line is only .25 diameter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts