Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello speycasters!
I'm Jack from Russia.Every year I and many of my freands fishing on Kola Peninsula.Fantastic place and very fantastic big fish(atlantic salmon and brown trout).My fly fishing life is about 12 seasons.But only 3 years with double handed rod.
My kit is T&T DH1510-3,TTsp10/11F with 70ft head,Rio SSH #9/10Tips and large collection of Guideline shooting heads.
For second high big water big fish (+20lb)rod I think to take T&T DH1410-3.I think,it working with shooting head(44ftlenght)very good,maybe better than DH1510-3.
For late spring and early summer fishing I need a lightweight rod.What do you think about T&T DH1208-4,DH1308-4,DH 1309-4?
Fishing conditions in this time no good as summer.Fish weight 15-25lb,usually strong wind,deep water wading and very long casts 100-120ft with delicate presentation (stright line,no splashes,flies tied on double hooks size 3-7 Partridge salar.
I'm sorry for my ery very bad English

·
Registered
260 Posts
Wow Jack, you´re one lucky guy who is so close to the unspoilt waters of the Kola peninsula. Which rivers do you usually fish?

Can´t give you any advice on those T&T rods, unfortunately, as I´ve never used one of those :frown:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fredtrout

Usually, we openning season on Kola Peninsula in mid may. In this time,the best place is low part of Kola river. After that, in june,july other rivers of Northen coast produce good fishing. West Litsa,Ura and small rivers in Severomorsk region. In september and october we fishing on south coast. Strelna,Varzuga and Umba. Last year,we are fishing three weeks on Umba and Varzuga. In october I vizited Strelna. Very nice river,but fish weight is no large as spring. In this season my record is 28lb 102cm fish. Very nice male.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts