Spey Pages banner

161 - 180 of 195 Posts

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Nohackle72

I like the direction you are going

My friend J.Farmer @midnightcustomflies spun these for me after I pitched him a pattern. He then made what I asked him 100x better

·
newcomer to spey casting
264 Posts
Crayfish with composite loop on a 30 mm opst shank. Rear station propped with a foam shoulder that maintains that "fighting" posture.
Wow. Those should be magnets for large smallmouth too. Beautiful!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Recent streamers and swim tank R&D

Here are a few flies that I've been working on. Most are string leech/graboid leech variations. Been playing with different composite loops- mixing craft fur, marabou, arctic fox, ice wing, etc.

I borrowed a swim tank over the weekend from a local shop (thanks Rocky Mtn. Anglers!)....much more interesting results than doing figure 8's in the sink.

Sorry for the crappy photos....they were kind of an afterthought.

https://vimeo.com/user95865797

Open to any comments and suggestions...thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
trout flies

i'll bite , not sure if the fish will though .i tied these up last week as per "soft hackle journal blogspot" website . steve graciously provided the patterns upon request . one offs for now , we'll give 'em a swim and see what happens. ice is out and the snow has melted for now , shouldn't be too long . they must have caught fish for someone sometime , eh ? irish flies for st. patricks week ... notice i said week , a cheap excuse for an irishman to party all week ! :smokin:
if you want to see the flies as they should look , check out steve's website .
thanks, jim

Attachments

161 - 180 of 195 Posts