Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[3]AUCTION ITEM:[/3]

Hit the beaches with Leland and discover the 'secret' fishery in the Puget Sound area. Unexplored compared to other flyfishing venues in the region, let the developer of the beach popper show you the inside track on beach salmon and cutthroat inthe salt!

Bidding is OPEN!

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
I have a friend who would really enjoy this trip. I forgot his bday this year and this would more than make up for it. There is nothing like fishing poppers for sea-runs and coho. Hell the lunch Lelands provides is more than worth it :)

Lets start the bidding at $100.

-sean

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Do not want to hurt my chances of winning but if winter steelheading has gotten you down and you have not tried beach fishing you are missing out. This fishery is by far the most underated in the northwest and every owes it to themself to check it out at least once.

Leland is a great teacher and with his experience you are guaranteed to cut that learning curve by years with just one trip.

-sean

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Based on a recent discussion, I'm sure the day will be arranged with Leland based on tides and conditions he knows best. With the season stretching for so much of the year there is a lot of flexibility. That's one of the great things about this fishery!

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[3]GOING....[/3]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry for not jumping into this sooner. I hope this helps drive the price up. Juro will love it!

We can go any time that we mutually agree from now until the end of October. These next couple months are usually very good in the Southsound for cutts, which should be in the 18" range due to the C&R regulations of the past few years. However, things are a bit sparse now which makes me wonder why in the hell I even bother keeping a journal.

I will promise you fish even if we have to go again (and again??!!). It's not like I'm a guide in some destination resort where, if you hit a bad time, you're s.o.l. I go out a lot and you can too until we find them buggers.

We'll fish poppers, of course (unless the fish start sipping euphasids like two years ago this time).

I'll supply the lunch. You may want to drive unless you trust my fish car with it's 390,000 miles. In fact, if you drive, you can bring a buddy. But then, I can't blindfold you.

Leland.

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With any luck I will be visiting when you do this trip. It would be great to stand on a bluff and take pictures of anglers on the beautiful inland sea that western washington boasts and the golden cutts and streaking silver coho and blackmouth that hunt the agate shores in this young fishery, still full of discovery.

Thanks Andre, and Leland!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts