Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question on the Wulff spey lines.

I hear that these have a good reputation and was wondering how you experienced fishers rated them against the more popular SA, Loop, partridge etc lines.

What are the pro's and cons?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
``more popular''

i don't know if they are more popular or less,,,they have been around longer than a couple you've mentioned and there is some confusion as to ratings meaning;they;the manufacturer changed the ratings thus you'll see different boxes with the same line in them but rated differently,some have multi rating others no,,i will say this they make a rod sing!,if you're up to casting with a hard stop,witch in my observation is what it takes to get the `shockwave' or dimple you seek,always the key with any line :D they are my favorites!,i wish they had one in the 100 ft,or more length though,just a well balanced flow of power through the line,maybe a bit light in the front taper,,,but only `maybe'if you don't cast them properly :lildevl:

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
I've tried the 7,8 and 9 weight Wulff spey lines and liked the heavier 2, but the 7 never worked well on any rod it was tried on.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I use a 9/10 Triangle Taper (70' belly) with my Sage 9150. It turns over dries and damp flies beautifully. I was using it with a No. 1 sinking fly the other day, and it sometimes failed to turn over the leader and fly reliably unless I took extra care with my casting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts