Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
VIRTUTIS.GLORIA.MERCES
All things Cane and old clicker reels ......
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest off the bench and heading to San Francisco in the morning ....... is rod #2 for this angler. His first rod, a Trout Spey sported the colours of our favourite team - The San Francisco Giants. On this build Dennis wanted to go with my company colour scheme using vintage Belding Corticelli silk wraps in Green tipped Black. This flammed Fall Run is an 11' 6" for a 5/6 wt. designed with my Semi Parabolic taper and is one of my favourite tapers, a rod that I personally fish a lot of the time. The hardware comes from Lemke Components and the reel seat is a really beautiful piece of Lignum Vitae to match the rod, turned in my shop to accept the longer feet of vintage, old clicker reels. The green agate stripping guides come from the shop of Joe Arguello. The guides are Perfection from REC and the flor cork comes from Portugal. This rod favours a Scandi around 390 grains, a Skagit around 390 - 425 grains based on what tips you are using, or a mid belly around 475 grains. I am absolutely obsessed with The Bridge Tributary 5/6 - 40' at 475 grains and now use this line on my rod. Dennis - I hope you love this rod and I hope that we will be able to share a few runs together on the Beatifull Nor Cal and Southern Oregon rivers you fish ........
#customcanerodsbydavidlreid #youonlyliveoncefishcane #itsallaboutthetaper #swingyourfly #fishbamboo #fishcane #thesearentyourgrandfatherscanerods
DavidLReidbamboo.com
Wood Musical instrument Table Cigar Writing implement
Writing implement Office supplies Wood Cigar Art
Wood Office supplies Writing implement Line Font
Wood Tool Musical instrument Plywood Metal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts