Spey Pages banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i havent been posting lately just been to busy and the time i have is at night and cant get a decent picture then. but here are the last few weeks addition to the box. there by no means pretty and they were all in my box before the picture so some things moved around a bit. there all done in the old way (reverse style) some of these will be sent to adrian.

i tied one Traherne's wonder done as a built wing i used cotinga in this one ( doubled up), a Nepenthian variation 2 (giving by Traherne i didnt come up with it) the small fly is around a size 5, fully gutted. i tied it based on a picture Mike T showed of some old Irish flies. not sure the name or if the wings are tied proper way but they seem to be tied more on the sides on original. 2 black rangers used ibis in the tail like called for. and 2 mar Lodge. one of the hardest fly ive tied . the body and wing are a pain. there both done as built wing. and 3 thunder and lighting the ones with mallard wings have 4 slips total. one is done off a old irish version( one with silk tag and crow tail)

I have a artsy fly in vise atm will be done soon.

hope all is well
Kevin

Attachments

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
that Trahernes Wonder is dead sexy man. Nice job with mar lodges. I don't mind the body on them but the wingsets are nasty to get down on that clean body.

Great stuff, love to see your flies as always.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Beautiful collection! I can't believe you take these fishing; but I guess back in the day, that is what they were designed to do. Love your flies. Thanks for posting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts