Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
loco alto!
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
selling a Lamson LP5 with only light use. Fully machined, bar-stock, USA made. This reel has a solid feel and tight tolerances that works with mono running lines. Comes with 30 lb backing set up left hand wind.

specs: 4" diameter and 9.5 oz empty. Great match for 7-8 wt two hand, heavy switch, and 9-10-11 single hand rods.

Sold

Attachments

·
JD
3,609 Posts
This reel has been out of production for at least two decades. Safe to say many are unfamiliar with this reel. It might sell better if you had some pics of the reel opened up.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I am surprised Montanfoas has not eaten this up one of his favs

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Agreed! Those are very cool reels - heavy for SH rods, but just right for spey rods. I especially like that in addition to the weight they have minimal logos. The lp5 is about the right weight for a 13’ 8wt. I wanted an inexpensive but decent backup and earlier in the year and I guess my timing was just right because I got one of these on auction that was a tiny bit cosmetically challenged for $60 and felt like I had won the lottery. But $165 is still a great deal for a pristine one. Archuleta’s reel works can change out the brake pads on these to ones that will not occationally hydroplane, and since they are palmable it is hard to argue they wouldn’t in most cases be the equal of any other Steelhead reel of that size. Treasures from the (recent) past!

·
Administrator
18,296 Posts
I've looked at it...just have old Lamson's on all of my rods already or I may have picked it up. Super series of reels...
Hmmm ... Brian, you okay ?? Or is that really you ?? Either you are not feeling well or you are displaying extreme amounts of will power the "old tackle tart" Brian never had !!
The therapy must be really working :hihi::hihi:

Agreed, fantastic series of reels !! I still have the first year run 3 1/2" for my SAGE 9' 3/4 RPLII :smokin:

Mike

·
Administrator
2,462 Posts
Hmmm ... Brian, you okay ?? Or is that really you ?? Either you are not feeling well or you are displaying extreme amounts of will power the "old tackle tart" Brian never had !!
The therapy must be really working :hihi::hihi:

Agreed, fantastic series of reels !! I still have the first year run 3 1/2" for my SAGE 9' 3/4 RPLII :smokin:

Mike
:hihi: Yeah...was very tempted. Have LP’s on all of my single hand rods and the SW series on my two hander’s. Wouldn’t mind adding one more Marlin to the bag though. These old reels are gems and represent great value for the dollar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts