Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How well does the Lammiglass warranty function in the US? Up here in Canada it's pathetic. I sent a rod for warranty work on August 27/03 and it still hasn't been returned.

·
Cast, step, swing...
128 Posts
lamiglas

Bebob,

5 weeks is not really that long compared to what i've seen....Sage averages that long in my experience, partly due to the border issue and the time of year/volume of warranties that come in at season end...

I am very good friends with the Canadian distributors and I'm sure this is a matter of Lamiglas not providing the part to them for a quick switch over anything else, particularly for a spey rod part as the fit might not be precise.

call me and we'll get ahold of Rico and find out where the delay is...\

Scott
www.anglerwest.net

·
Cast, step, swing...
128 Posts
Al...

Your rod has been completely replaced and is here in Vancouver...

It should be back at the store you bought it this week...

As suspected....they needed to fit the part specifically.

Scott

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Scott, It's actually my son-in-law's rod. He will sure be glad to get it back--he loves this rod like no other. I retract my comments about their warranty. I tend to get a little impatient at times.

·
Cast, step, swing...
128 Posts
You are welcome...

my buddy loves his too...unfortunatly some find it too soft and warn people off of it..I thought it cast great for a full flex rod...althought not something I would recommend for the "power up too fast / too much bunch"...I know they found it difficult to use...

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Slow 'service' on Lami. warrenty rather

surprises me. I've busted two of their rods in history (both 'drift rods' ) and stopped by their factory location in Woodland, WA. In both cases the fellow asked me if I'd like to replace the 'rod in kind,' or choose a different rod. (Actually did one of each)

Whole 'transaction' couldn't have taken 5 minutes. I suspect (post above says you're good to go) that a call to them would have taken care of the 'problem' asap. Good folks, who've been around for 20 years, or more, to my knowledge.

You don't get that kind of "longevity" with out backing your play.
fae

·
Registered
96 Posts
wow! that is quick warranty work. My last broken lamiglas only took 13 months. I missed the season that I bought the rod for. Never purchased another lamiglas since

1 - 7 of 7 Posts