Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!
I want to buy Lamiglas Ls 1256 12'6" line 6/7. Is someone using this rod? I'm lookin' for long, light, small line class rod. It seams be good and not expensive. How is the weight of it? I count for your opinions.
Many greetings from Poland!
Konrad

·
Registered
439 Posts
Lamiglas

Hi, We have used this rod on the Deschutes for summer run steelhaed and love it. Light, smooth action, and easy on the pocket book.
Lines, Windcutter 5/6 or DT7, we use it strictly for a floating line rod but think that the ploy leaders will work also. Rod starts to fold when you use more than 350 grains of line on it.
Leoy.........................

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Hi Konrad! Hope you get all the info you need and

just wanted to say WELCOME TO THE BOARD! May be wrong here but I think you're our first member from Poland. Where abouts in the Country do you live?

Fred Evans
Medford, Oregon

·
just one more cast...
163 Posts
Another Welcome, Konrad!

What kind of fishing do you enjoy in Poland? I for one know nothing of the type of fishing available there. Salmon? Sea trout? Would like to hear about it.

Again, Welcome to the Board!

John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About Poland

Ok, I'll try to explane. I live in west-southern Poland near Sudety Mountains. There are some nice rivers but for brown trouts and graylings and very rare "hucho hucho- latin name. Sea trouts most often and sometimes stealheads and salmos are fished in nordern Poland in rivers which fall into Baltic Sea. From one side the situation of fishing goes better after comunism down 14 years ago (rivers have cleared, people started to care of enviroment, more people fish C&R) and from other side most people can afford for good equipment, fishing pressure still grows up. The rest of the comunism is poauchering...still exists. Most people near 20% inhabitants! are without work fishes are fished for meat simply. I think this second optionpredominate unfortunately. It needs more years to change this situations. But fishes still they are. I think you would be disappointed about fishing in Poland compare your country both size and quantity of fishes. Agaist me, my dream is flyflish in US for example in Alasca or Oregon or anywhere...The biggest problem is flight to US, let's say the plane cost about 500$. Here in Poland average man must work about 2 months for that, but you must also eat and live. And this is only flight and where is thr rest... licence, sleeping, eating ect. So going flyfishing to US is the trip of the life. I'm this lucky man that though have substitute your flyfishing- great spey rod SAGE 7141-4, which my friend delived it to me from US like a blank and with help also this forum I built it myself.
Hope this gets close you flyfishing in Poland
The other way now we fight together with Saddam...
Take care!
Konrad Mikulski

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice report, Konrad....

I am a fifth generation "Polski" here in the US. Yes, I served this country when needed. Now I am too old for that, and retired, but still can get out on the streams and catch fish. Yes, we are fortunate to have LOTS of streams and rivers with trout, salmon, and all sorts of other fish as well. I appreciate living here, and glad my ancestors came hear 150 years ago or thereabouts.

Good luck and good fishing to you.

Robert (Bob) Krawczyk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are wright...

Sure you are glad for that ! A little I envy your place where you live but in good sense of "envy" word. I also- after years- live in free country but my life is too short (I'm 30) to be here in Poland like at you in US in all condition- starts from fishing ends on anything. You all are lucky, you live in "The Worlds's Olimp".
Maby in the future I will climb to visit this Olimp...
By the way, how can I add a picture to my profile shown beside my all posts? I asked moderator several days ago with no response. I want show you a Bóbr (Beaver- name comes from past when many beavers lived there) river.
Best regards.
Konrad Mikulski

1 - 9 of 9 Posts