Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposedly, the new Lamiglass 6 piece rods are fast action and fast off the shelf.

See: http: //www.lamiglas.com/press.html

How are you folks rigging the 12'9" for 8/ 9 wt, and how is it performing?

·
Registered
134 Posts
The web site states "faster action," not fast action.

Lamiglas has been in business for a long time. I've bought
a few of its spinning rods over the years and they've been
fine. But I really wonder how a company can come out with
what seems like 20 - 30 new rods each year, year after year:
what is the company's design, testing, and field testing process ?
Or perhaps the same basic designs are being reincarnated, a la
Sage.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Lamiglas

The search function will give you a lot of information about the rods. They are faster dampening than most.
Leroy......................

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2004 Lamiglas 6 piece

Fast. Faster. Fastest. Yes, the website states "faster" action. Yet two store reps I've spoken with have described the rods as fast and quick. Now beyond the semantics, does anyone who has handled the rods wish to comment on their performance?

What other "travel" spey rods are out there?

·
Registered
439 Posts
This might help, they are progressive action and they dampen quickly. So they give you the impression of a fast action rod due to the taper and the graphite used in the rod. Do they perform yes, are they light in hand yes, can you fish one all day without to much fatigue,yes. Again, use the search function and you will find the answers.
Leroy............................

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Bllodknot

If you are in the Seattle area I have one of the 12'9 and 14ft on my Try-rack.
You are more than welcome to give them a go.

e-mail me [email protected]

Aaron

·
Registered
33 Posts
CST 141011-6

I fished the Lamiglass CST 141011-6 this week end and here are my comments.

The rod seems to be well built with passable guides, wraps, and a decent reel seat. The handle is shorter than what Im used to, but I was pleased with it because it seemed like not having my hands spread out was slightly easier on my shoulders and elbows. The color of the blank is kind of a dried blood or plumb which was a shock, but that was easy to get over once I cast the thing.

I cast a Midspey 9/10 tips line with a VI tip. The rod picked up the whole head on the lift, I executed a rather nice double spey and the line just shot out there taking 20 feet or so of running line with it and jerked more line off the reel at the end of the delivery. This I was not expecting because Im a normally sucky caster. I noticed that the delivery was particularly snappy.

So I was pleasantly surprised. I would describe it as light and quick without being to stiff, so faster is a good description. Its definitely faster and lighter than the Lami trad 9/10 14.5' I have (the equalizer) but that’s a completely different action all together.

The only bad thing I have to say is that out of six pieces I suspect one will get miss placed at some time, and that will not be a good day.

Natrix

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
LAMI 6-Piece 14 10 /11 with Carron 10/11

This combo is a winner had several people use the combo Last Saturday on the My Day On The River and they loved It.

It is a really zings the line out there.
What most of the people did not know that they were casting a #8 sink tip hook directly to the end of the line.
Yes I did not cut it back for the sink tip just to see how it turned over.
Must say it was not bad.

:devil:

Aaron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts