Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have or try the Lamiglas 13'6" 8/9# with a windcutter. I am looking for a recomendation for wich weight line to buy. I am looking at getting the windcutter with the multiple tips. I am also considering an airflo delta with the changable tips. I already have double tapers DT 9 and a XLT 7/8 but I want to give a windcutter a try.
Thanks,

·
Registered
439 Posts
Try any line that is under the 500 grain weight. I have used the rod with a, Rio Mid-spey 6/7, Airflo Delta 6/7, Cortland 8/9 spey. Any of the lines will make the rod come alive. Did a review for Dana on his Spey Pages which lists some more lines.
Good luck,
Leroy............................

·
Flyfishing Camp Cook
122 Posts
Not an expert for sure on this

But I do know that all the line ratings on the Lami's are based on the Rio WC lines. So, choose the line that has similar rating since you're looking at the WC. In process of trying to get a wholesalers account. But I know on some of the papers I got, describing the rods, says the speys are tested that way to get their line ratings.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Speyrd,
I saw your review in the lamiglass rod reveiw, but I didn't see the windcutter, just the midspey. The grain weight recomendation helps, thanks.

Steelheader69
I think the catalog I recieved from lamiglas a year or two ago had the weights of the recomended windcutters listed with the rods, I just cant find it now though. I didn't see the same info on their website either. As far as the windcutter rating and the rod rating does 8/9 equal 7/8/9 or 8/9/10. I am sure the difference is a matter of personal preference for feel of the rod and line though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts