Spey Pages banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts about women Fly Fishing???
Do you fish with your wife? Girlfriend?
Should we stay in the kitchen???

Not going happen Boys!! :tsk_tsk:

Ann

Any other Ladies here?? !! I might need support :confused:

·
SRO Direct Dealer
578 Posts
Women should Fly Fish

or fish any way they enjoy. My daughter-in-law has gone out with us and I enjoyed it greatly. I wish my wife would fish with me.

Rich

·
Registered
926 Posts
Ann. Would love to have my wife join me steelhead or Atlantic salmon fishing. I think a combo fishing/touring trip around the Gaspé would be great. She does join me, and is passionate about, fishing the spring creeks in the West every year. But she doesn't like anything heavier than her 4 wt Winston and she loves those gentle spring creek currents. I'm nearing retirement and perhaps when we have a little more time than my one-week trip to the Gaspé we could do it together. Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Girl fishes with me - preffers the boat to wading - I'm talking saltwater here but it's basically the same.

She doesn't eat, sleep, think fishing (or any of my other hobbies) like I do but is very keen on it. I think if we split, she'd keep at it - I don't want to know...

She doens't snoop around here Ann but you've got support!

Welcome on.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Fisherwomen

have always added a smile to my face along with a friendly hello.
I think that it's great to be out fished by the fair sex, and I don't even mind if they low hole me.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
I taught me wife to fly fish when were were dating some 19 years ago. Even though she grew up in Great Falls, MT, her father didn't fish. She loves fly fishing and has been working on spey casting the last year. She is even talking about going out with me for winter/spring steelhead during March/April. She is my favorite fishing partner, as well as my life partner, and both of us like to see other women out on the river.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You bet!!

I love to fly fish.

I love my wife.

There is no greater joy than to share both at the same time!

Well, except for when she out fishes me like she did last summer on the madison. I'm still hearing about that day.

That's her and HER 24" brown :(

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Women Fisherpersons

NICE FISH Mrs. DLoop!

What are your thoughts about women Fly Fishing???
I think women flyfishers are just great. I would like to see more of them. They are always welcome at the Red Shed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wish my wife fished... but I think it's great and hope more take it up.... also... I see you are from Quebec. When I was a boy I used to spend time on my Mother's cousin's farm in Roxton Falls... and fished for trout in the Black River. Roxton was near Acton Vale, and Granby (sp) as the largest close town outside Montreal. then I would also fish with my Dad in the lakes outside La Torque... very wild up there in the 50's. Whet back to bury my Aunt in Roxton about 5 yaers ago and stayed at a place on the Black outside Roxton and there were still trout in the little river...did not fish thougth.

·
Banned
103 Posts
I posted something earlier today regarding my fiancee learning to fly fish; I hope she likes it enough to really get into it. I'd love it if we could head out on the water together. For one thing it would double the number of fly rods I could build every year!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Love to fish with my wife

She is learning to use the 2-hand rod, overhead for now, but heopefully later to spey cast. Great to have her along, though she doesn't like to fish when it is too hot or too cold.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ann,
Your post is simply too much for someone who resides where the laws of supply and demand coupled with the long dark winters and the rivers that are either blown out or frozen solid can do strange things to a man's psyche.

I'm a solitary animal on the river for the most part and the idea of a regular fishing partner is almost foreign. The idea of a woman fishing partner is still more alien, but quite appealling. The thought of her speaking to me in French is, well, magnifique (even it is only to tell me to take out the trash or put the toilet seat down!)

In terrible need of spring's arrival,
pescaphile

·
Registered
12 Posts
To all the fly fishing women out there!

There is nothing more satisifying then getting out on the river and fishing with my husband. Summer trout or dead of winter steelhead. Single hand or spey, it doesn't matter. Not only do we fish together we also guide fly fishing together.

I think that fishing is the thing that keeps my balance in life, along with God of course. And many times it's not even about the fishing, its about my surroundings, the sights the sounds and the solitude.

Keep on fishing ladies, it's the greatest stress reliever I can think of.

(message edited my moderator to remove non-sponsor url)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Way to Go!

My wife does not share my passion for FFshing, but is the most supportive and tolerant person about my illness!
There are many women FFshers around here and I've had the pleasure of fishing with them on many occasions. I think it is overdue that we hear more from the women FFshers and their perspectives. However as one of my female FFsher friend reminds me each time we go out.... The river becomes the great equalizer when we are both in it up to our waist and the fish are gender neutral when it comes to picking a fly presented to them.
Love the pics, makes me longer for the fisheries of my youth while growing up in Quebec.

·
EAT IT!!!
338 Posts
I'll throw this one out. 9 times out of 10 when a husband and wife fish with a guide around here, the wife outfishes the husband. Hmmmmm.

Seeing if my girlfriend really wants to fish (and hopefully teaching her) will be quite a project this summer. Hopefully we will find that it is a fun thing to share, but I certainly will not press the issue. Time will tell.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts