Spey Pages banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Laird of Locharber
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every day i look at vintage reels on ebay. This is one to watch.A Cascapedia that started 26 hrs ago.The seller has a mere 35 score.Stating at $9.99 NR The bidding has reached $6,100.00.The seller has it listed for someone else.Chk.#170025516922:saeek:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
????

Sellers other 'listings' are doll patterns for four bucks; and now a $6,000 plus reel. What's wrong with that picture?:cool:

·
Laird of Locharber
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$8,100.00

This must be a Royal reel. Some one has mega $$$.Cant wait th see were at ends up @.:eek:

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
Appears to be something more than a run of the mill Cascapedia. Anybody have any ideas what the story with this reel is?

Somebody call VooDooFly and tell him to bid on it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yes it is a worthless original, if anyone has any similer reels I will do a straight swap for a shiny new Cascapedia 11, which has never been used. It is time these old reels were taken off the market

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
looks unusable

needs restored,,paperweight or maybe make an ash tray out of it:Eyecrazy: ,i'd put the money in stocks myself,fishing tackle is a `waste of money',,ask my wife:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
either me or you guys

are slipping,,i thought surely i would get swiped at :chuckle: i better re-word that last post,;) ,,where's Peter S-C!?,he'd surely jump in and spar with me,,just for fun of course:chuckle:

·
Laird of Locharber
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Royal Paper weight

This paper weight appears to have been made by Hardy for HRH George V who i guess abdicated in 1937.How it ended up in Ohio on ebay???Now its @ $9,100.00 & SCAM email is being recieved by bidders to buy off line.Wiffie & i are betting on the winning price.Im @ $12,500.00 & she @ $20,000.00.:hihi:

·
Laird of Locharber
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have a winner

The bidding has ended,with 37 bids.$13,655.00 USD. Now lets see where the box of Hardy flies ends up#[email protected] $6,100.00 & 1d6hr to go.I guess they need the $$ to pay for the reel.U guessed it he the winner of the reel.:chuckle:is the seller of the flies:hihi:

·
Registered
886 Posts
£7300 is about right ...........almost a bargain I've seen them go for £10k

·
Laird of Locharber
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By flies hi reel

I'm thinking the flies were listed ,knowing they would bid high for the reel.Mabe they can make all the $$ they need on the fly set to pay off the reel:chuckle: & get some change:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts