Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to build a huge box of LC's and speys and fish them as religiously as my old tube scared soul will allow....(and some Dee's and married wings if the faith remains )

It's taken me awhile and i've tried a few different versions...the sparse ones seem to collapse in my water so I like the fuller ones...got some decent feathers and am slowly honing my skills, using 1, 1/0 and 2/0 both blind eye and regular..though i am slowly converting to blind now that I've scored some decent hooks as well...

Not perfect by any means but slowly feeling like they are worthy of a wild fish!!

Attachments

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
A nice Wheatley would compliment each and one of them. Very nice tying.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Looking good.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Way to go. I've been working at my standard hair-wing patterns, but the L.C. is my next project. Going to master setting bronze mallard wings. You look like you're getting it down pat.

Mark

·
Registered
734 Posts
That top view of your LC looks like a knife edge! Great looking nest of flies. Seeing your blind eyes has me itching for my dacron backing to arrive; looked around the other day and discovered all I had was optic orange. Is that dacron you're using?

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
Skip dacron. If you want slim, ultra strong and durable loops go with 20lb Fireline cristal. Its white braid and it looks nice and slim. You can use 20lb as is or do what I do... If you have dubbing spinner take one long strand of 10lb and furl it to achieve rope effect and use that. Silk and dacron is traditional way of doing things but this white braid is just perfect for this task. Definitely try it.

·
Administrator
19,097 Posts
Great tying Paul !! Really cool to see your progression in tying :)
That Lady Caroline in the photo is fishy, fishy, fishy !!

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts