Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Jan/Feb 2004 of Fly Fishing in Salt Waters , page 72, Islander rates it newest reel capacity in cubic inches of volume.

This is the first time I have seen such a rating, and I applaud it.

The downside is I don't know how to interpret it without other reel makers supplying similar volume data.

Was there a thread a year or two back when volume dimensions were converted to line and backing length?

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Now if people want to start posting the volumes of the reels they own I have a little project I am working on for the spey pages that could use this info to provide reel reccs for different lines. I am sure with all the members on the board a large majority of the reels available are represented.

Then we would just have to figure it out for the lines and what the volume is for 200 yards of 30# dacron.

-sean

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Makes me want to lie in a tub of water with a gold crown ...

sean said:
I do not think anything got that far due to problems figuring out different lines volumes cause they all vary so much. You could always dunk the line and backing in water to figure it out like mentioned here:

http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7890&highlight=reel+volume

-sean

and yell; Yreka or is that Eureka? Ah heck, they're both in Northern California.

Sorry, guys .. just couldn't resist that.
:>)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts