Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a fan of Korkers for three generations of their boots - each one has been better than the last. The easily interchanged soles of the current version have been fantastic for me as I move from one type of river bottom to another, or even from boat to wade fishing.

However, wearing size 13 boots in the winter, 12's in the summer, and 11's wet wading, I have experienced a recurring problem when wading rivers with mucky bottoms - the soles can suck right off the boots. The solution is to simply wiggle your foot side to side until the suction is broken, but this is often impractical - while extracting one foot, the other sinks deeper into the muck, and while extracting that foot, the first is quickly back in the same predicament.

I mentioned this problem to the Korkers Rep at the Somerset Flyfishing show, and he said that it was an infrequently reported problem.

So, my question is this: is this a problem rather unique to me, or do other folks wading mucky bottom rivers experience it as well. If you could let me know whether you have had Korkers boot soles (current model with the 3 sets of tabs) suck off in the muck or not, and what size boots you wear, I would appreciate it. Maybe if enough "big-footed" fishermen report the problem, it will get their attention.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
298 Posts
Frequent Problem

I have the same problem when fishing here. The muck just vacuum sucks the sole off. I don't wear them where there is a chance I'll be fishing any bottoms where it is to soft.

It would be great if they had a retaining screw in the toe and heel to ensure they don't come off.

BTW size 13 and 275lbs...that could add:razz:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts