Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Awesome dude (note the colour of my emotion)! ;)

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Incredible fish... your smile says it all!

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
2,195 Posts
Well the man can`t sing and can`t dance but........... he sure knows how to fish!

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
OH man...I may have to rethink saving for Kamchatka and head over that way instead.

Nice fish Steve!

-sean

·
Hooked on Salmon
161 Posts
Hello,

Thanks for a great thread, Way. I was up there when the West Coast avalance hit the Rynda. Steve outfished, outcasted, outdrank and outflirted any living creature within a 1000 mile radius. What a STUD!! Bloody thing is that he is too nice to hate, on top of that.....!!!!

I am going back up there for the closing week on Saturday the 11th. Will file a report when back.

Per Stadigh

Consultant
Kharlovka Company

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Knock 'em silly Per! Tell everyone in camp we're thinking about them! I will look forward to catching some Osenka next June with "Per marks" in the left corner! (Maybe even with an attached Swedish Poacher?)

Tight loops to cross-eyed fish

Way

·
Registered
328 Posts
Really Nice Salmons

Oh my ...... What a pice of .... silver.... They are so beutiful... The Three Rivers on the kola peninsula, Kharlovka, Litza and Rynda is my dremdestination nr1... Ive fisht for atlantic salmon in sweden for, four years if you count whit this, and i have fished the Orkla River i Norway once. I have only cought one salmon in my life, and it was a 24lb silverbar (98cm long) from the Mörrum river i suthern sweden. I hope i can get to fisk the Three Rivers some day, its a lot of money for a 15year young swedish boy how loves flyfishingear!

Steve Choate --> very nice salmons, i hope you had a great week upp there. and im looking forward to test your new Loomis rods.

Thigtlines
Jacob

·
Registered
215 Posts
Jacob, are you aware of the opportunities the Three Rivers Co offer to younger fishers? It's still quite a lot of money, but considerably less than the price to an adult.

ww.kharlovka.com/asr_youth_programme.html

·
Registered
328 Posts
Garderner -->

Hi, Yes im awere of the Program. But, its one problem, in my last messege i forgott to wright thaht its is in the june weeks, i what to go, or mayby in the last weeks. Is the coold river fishing, whit loong rods, not nesseserry heavy lines and big flyes, and the big and bright Salmons i "whant". It´s that thats is the attraction for me. And the ASR program does only offer the summer/eraly autum weeks. Sadly.

Mayby you think ab a little stupid and so on, but if om goning to pay that money i whant to fish in the conditions i like and so on.

Thanks anyway...

Jacob

·
Registered
79 Posts
Per,
Had it not been for our buddy Ways' constant prodding and sharing of Atlantic Salmon fishing techinques and you and he sharing your knowledge of the water on the Rynda, I quite well may have gone fishless for the trip! The hospitality and quality of the fishery are second to none! The three rivers camps are truly spectacular, and the quality of the Kharlovka/Rynda/Zolataya/Lytza camp experience is hard to explain in words without having experienced it. The camp staff, guides, along with you the Kharlovka fishing "Guru" are bar none one of the highlights of my fishing life adventures. As you know, every detail, and smallest of amenities is overseen and assured by the owner Mr. Peter Power, who is an Atlantic Salmon magnet in his own right, catching and releasing as many fish as any of his guests. For me, this may have been a once in a lifetime experience, but it was well worth it!

Jacob, you sound like a wonderful young man, thankyou for the kind remarks, and I hope you have the opportunity to experience this magnificant fishery, regardless of the time of the season you fish, it is an adventure, and the fish are there waiting for you!

Per, as Way said, knock em Silly! express our kindest regards to Peter, the Rynda staff, Kola light, Kola Medium, Vennia, Valdim, Sasha, Vasilly, Nina, and everyone else at the Rynda camp that makes the camp so, so special!

Steve

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.