Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came out of Kharlovka at the beginning of the week so I thought I would give you all a quick update. Winter was late in leaving and water temperatures stayed pretty cold until the beginning of last week. this meant that fish were loathe to leave the warmer sea and venture upstream. This being said it came good last week with 6 fish over 30lbs on Kharlovka/Eastern Litza and a 120 fish averaging around 20lbs in weight. I had some good mornings fishing around the Home Pool and decided to quit on the last morning when I got a 27lbs 98cms and 33lbs 107cms one after the other on the floating line at the tail out glide of Home Pool. Fish were in incredible condition very fat and rock hard, both were hens unusually. Anyone interested in updates and photos check out the website http://www.kharlovka.com/news.html and for fishing in 2007 drop me a line at [email protected]. All the best for now...

Gordon

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob,

That's Volodya Kulagin our Operations Director. He got a 30+ from Home Pool on the Friday. It's all Loop gear he uses and I think its probably an LTS or Greyline 13ft and he's certainly not messing about!!!

Gordon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gordon

Thanks for the report. It seems from the web site that you had to suffer a bit for your trophy fish. I hope the wounds are healing well from the long range catch and release episode!

I am off to Kharlovka on Saturday for my first taste of the Kola. To say I am looking forward to it would be an understatement.

Here's hoping

Phil

·
Registered
445 Posts
Now we're talkin'........

............Alexander,as your friend Volodya obviously knows,when you take the fight to the fish instead of letting them run willy nilly up and down stream,you can release a fish that still has some fight in them...and,most importantly, will survive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly my sentiments, fight big fish hard and give them the best chance of survival. To support this we have made a new rule this year that if at all possible all fish are handled by anglers wearing gloves to avoid damage to the fish. Our business absolutely depends upon correct fish handling procedures at all stages...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts