Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
cast,mend,stumble,swear..
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have any guide/float service recommendations for the upper Kenai River in August? Am affraid I'm probably late in looking for guides and float opportunities, but I thought I'd ask. Was only able to confirm my trip up there from the 3rd thru the 12th just this last week.. hoping to get into some coho's, maybe some late reds, and the monstor rainbow's that realm is famous for. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
My wife and I fished the seven miles below Cooper Landing the first two weeks of August in '98. We used a guide service (can't remember the name now) out of that tiny town that we located through the owners of Alaska Sourdough B&B at 907-595-1541. The guide was Kip Fortmiller (sp?) and was very good w/ my wife who hadn't fished salmon before. The guide service was very competent and offered to provide all gear although we brought all our own stuff since we spent the month fishing all over Alaska. Sockeye were running heavily, second run of silvers had just started, rainbows were leaving the lakes to feed on salmon eggs/flesh, and nice dollies were caught on flesh flies. Hope your trip is as good as ours. We will be up there in August of '05 to do it over again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts