Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out I may be going to Alaska for work the first week of may. Obviously, not the ideal time but was wondering if there is any fishing to be had that early in the season. I actually lived in that area for a summer but wasn't there that early...

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,837 Posts
Steelies

There should be some opprtunities in the smaller drainages. PM me I have a couple of ideas

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you are in south central, rainbows and dollies are available, but check regs as some rivers close to protect spawning fish.

We seem to on course for early break up; lake fishing should be excellent if that's your cup of tea.

The Situk and Prince of Wales for steelhead if you can travel.

Good luck--John

·
Registered
95 Posts
may 3

I have fished the situk at this time and done very well.Had great days of fishing but weather can be tough.Expect rain and maybe sleet and very little sunshine unless you are lucky.If interested search for a site (fly shop in yakutat)
peter

·
Registered
3 Posts
The kasilof should have some good opportunity to catch some drop back steelhead, just be careful, you could have your knuckles busted my an early run king! It's easily accessible and in driving distance from anchorage. The situk is an incredible fishery that time of year also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts