Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been in the works for months and the proposed date kept getting pushed back and the venues kept getting changed but now, finally, everything is falling into place.

Kaufmanns is putting together a weekend of Spey casting demonstrations, a gathering of reps and manufactures on the Skykomish. (the river will be closed but we have recieved full permission from the WDFW).

It will take place the first weekend of March...the weekend after the flyfishing show and everyone is invited...donations will be accepted that will passed onto The Flyfishing Forum and the Speypages.

Private casting lessons will also be offered as will refreshments and good food.

Stay tuned for the final details and stop by the Kaufmann's booth at The Flyfishing Show for the specifics!

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
I can see it now...

Dear Boss -

Based on some new developments I will have to stay the week after the show to avoid flying back and forth. Do you mind if I work remotely for the week? :devil:

Wow, that's awesome news - I wish I could attend them all. Speyclaves are another reason I miss living in the great northwest. With this weekend, pre-show Friday, and now the Kaufmann clave, a guy could get some fantastic winter season fine tuning not to mention a taste of many rods, lines and styles.

Gotta love it!

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dana-
I'll stay in touch...right now we are trying to soldify instructors...the idea is to get small groups of 6 or so and give them a chance to spend a good amount of time with one instructor...we would love to have you or Kush down but I am sure that after making a trip down for the Show, the next weekend might be a little much. But if you have any ideas...feel free to email me.

Right now it looks like we have Andy Murray, George Cook, Scott O'Donnell and others and we are also trying to finalize an appearance by Simon...STAY TUNED!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dear Ryan,
I have not formally met you...but if at all possible, I would enjoy getting involved with your event if it does not pose a conflict with any of the other folks. Andy Murray and Simon are a hoot! Just better be able to hold your own in the single malt arena! LOL! If you have plenty of instructors, just let me know...I would still enjoy attending..

Steve

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dear Ryan,
I tried to send a private reply to your messgae but your box is full..Thankyou for the message, I will give Jerry a call this morning if work does not get to hectic. Please feel free to forward my phone number and email address to Dennis and Jerry as well should they like to contact me as directly. [email protected] 360-423-7847 I have worked with Jay Daley from Kauffmanns, and a couple other fellows whose names escape me right now...Good people...It sounds like an enjoyable event. If I can be of any help, please let me know. Thanks again,
Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts