Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I attended for both days and learned a bunch and had a great time. Kaufmann's and the rod reps were gracious with their knowledge, rods and food. I am already looking forward to next year. My favorite rod of the day was a Winston 13 foot Boron IIx 8/9. It was a dream to cast. But in all honesty, every rod that I used was a joy to cast. Now, I just need to work 3 jobs and win the lottery to fill my quiver with all of the rods I am drooling over! The highlight of the experience was a take that my brother had while demoing a rod with a skagit head and the famous dehooked yarn fly. Unfortunately, the fish released after 3-4 tuds. Needless to say, he was a little suprised.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I attended Saturday. Good presentations as usual, altho a bit cramped on the steep bank there. I've never cast more rods in one day as this time, and I came away with a better understanding of what I prefer about some rod actions over others.

Oh yeah, good brats and CND cookies for desert!

·
Registered
848 Posts
I was also there on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed the presentations. Those guys make it look sooooo easy, but did a great job of breaking it down. A big thanks to Kaufmann's for putting it on.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Kauffman Spey Days is the first Spey Clave that I have attended. I travelled from Alaksa to attend. I was there both Saturday and Sunday. What a awesome event. Being able to watch presentation by elite Spey casters, talk rods, lines and casting techniques and cast so many different rods made the event an awesome experience for me.

Wonderful event hosted by Kauffmans and thanks to the presenters and rod reps who gave up their weekend for us with the spey disease. (as George says)

Thanks to all those who made the event great one that I will remember all year and look forward to attending next year.

Mark

·
Registered
439 Posts
I miss the old venue....

This is my third time attending Kauffmann's Spey Days. I learn a great deal each time I attend. I am very thankful to the sponsors and presenters. To show my thanks I ordered some new gear from Kauffmann's and renewed my subscription to this fine board.

I know that the eddy pool is farther out of town, and a longer drive. But it offered more area for the presentations and demonstrations and is much more scenic than this year's spot. I would vote to return to the old venue; this is coming from a guy that drives from Federal Way to get there.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Second the move back to High Bridge

I agree with the last post. The old venue at High Bridge was a much better spot for this event. Hope we can go back to that area next year. Again, a great event; nice to meet up with old friends and so on.

By the way, in terms of travel for the old venue, I come all the way from the Salem, Oregon area to attend.

Rphelps:smokin:

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Ryan-

Perhaps Ben Howard would be a better choice since it has a huge gravel bar, plenty of room for demo's and to let folks cast rods, and it is only about 5 miles upriver from Monroe.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Russ,

Ben Howard doesn't have the parking for the event.

I couldn't attend this year and wish I could have, everyone said it was great!

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
thanks to EVERYONE for coming and really make this a great event. and it was pretty damn cool to see so many new faces. so to those newcomers who are reading this, thank you!

regarding the location, we relunctantly changed the venue after revcieving many comments regarding the proximity (or lack thereof) of Big Eddy to the Metro area. i loved Big Eddy as it was quiet and incredibly scenic and afforded us lots of room to cast. Ben Howard was an option but as Andre eluded to, there isn't much for parking.

i recieved comments that were both negative and postive regarding Lewis St but do not be surprised to see us back at Big Eddy next year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts