Ed Ward
Steve Choate & Way Yin
Scott O'Donnell & Mik McCune
Dana Sturn
George Cook
Nobuo Nodera
Goran Andersson (pending)

Manufacturers Attending:
CND, Scott, Sage, Simms Rio, SA, Winston, Loop, Airflo, Patagonia and Waterworks
They will be cooking breakfast and lunch

Contact Kaufmann's Streamborn Inc in Bellevue (425-643-2246), Seattle (206-448-0601) or Tigard (1-800-442-4359).

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Very Cool!

Joan and I have marked our 'day-timers.'

Looking forward to renewing old friendships, and establishing new ones.

Dana, you I am especially looking forward to meeting ... finally! after all these years.

Sparks, we'll be coming up in our motor home so will need some info on where we can 'park' for a couple of nights, and a reasonable map on how/where to find the fun and games.

:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
If ALL the stars line up, I'll be there .....
and .....
maybe even stay for a while after to do some fishing but I'll need to line up some buddies out there, may stay at the Rabbit Farm and try the river there??? Any other suggestions?

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fred, Frech Creek etc.-
I will fill 'ya in with important details when I get back into town around the 20th of the month! :)

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Sparks, roger that.

J (Jim) D Jones will be coming up with us, so you'll have at least three 'Southern Oar-E-Goners' for sure.
fae

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
FrenchCreek,

The run in the vicinity of the Bunny Farm is a very good fishing hole. It is a bit far to the Big Eddy fishing access on the Sky though, about 110 miles away from Big Eddy. There is a camp ground a lot closer to Big Eddy, it is about 5 miles before you get to Big Eddy right on Hwy 2 in the next town east of Sultan.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
110 miles?

All kidding aside; long gone from the area. Could someone PM Joan ("The Redhead") or I with info on where we could 'park' the motor home on Friday/Saturday evening.

Suspect that we'll have to 'pull up stakes' for Saturday (need GOOD info on where to go for that also) for the 'Clave, but what the heck.

Details would be appreciated!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Wonderful offer from Bob Munoz for the..

'butt tired travelers' from Southern Oregon.

Most kind offer to Joan, J D, and I to park the motor home at his place in Monroe, Wa. As it will be about 9pm before we get to the area this will save us a wad of screwing around.

Many thanks!!!
fee/jee/bella the new pooch... but the cat stays home.
:hehe:

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fred-
Sorry for the late response but the warm waters of the South Pacific were calling my name.

It is good to hear Bob has offered you a place to stay as he is a Hell of a nice guy and has some great kids who can fish circles around most guys 4 times their age.

However, you are also welcome to set up shop at the Park as that is what Steve and Way did last year.

To get to Big Eddy Park, head east on Hwy 2 from Monroe. You will go through the towns of Sultan, Startup and then Gold Bar. After you have passed through downtown Gold Bar, you will continue to drive east for about 5 minutes. You will then go across a high bridge (hence the name High Brdige) over the Skykomish (you can not miss it).

As you are heading across the bridge, look to your right and you will see a large area on the east side of the river...that is Big Eddy park.

After you have left the bridge, continue on Hwy 2 for about 200 yards or so. The first pull of on your right is the park and there will be lots of parking!!

:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am planning...
-to drive on Feb. 12 or 13 and get to a motel nearby the clave,
-to do some fishing, but I'll need help as far as where to go
-visit Speybum et al and the shop
-have a few tumblers of Malt with some (new) friends
-not to bring my drift boat, so hopefully someone will help me find wade access points
-stay in the area until Feb 22/23

Thank's to Flytier for the PM with directions & places to stay. I have not decided on a place to stay, any recommendations?

Any other suggestions would be welcomed!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
You will then go across a high bridge (hence the name High Brdige) over the Skykomish

Know (or knew to be more accurate) place very well. Took a major dunking there years back!:eek:

Ryan, I assume you can 'legally' stay there 'over night' without hassle?
fae

·
Flyfishing Camp Cook
122 Posts
Should be there

Mostly going to check things out and meet some guys from the board. I'm still crippled up, so won't be doing any casting. But will definitely check out the rods and meet up with you guys. Will make sure I take no pain pills for that day. LOL. Not a good thing to mix percocet or oxycottin with alcohol. Made that mistake ONCE!!!!!!!! :tsk_tsk: But looking forward to meeting some of you.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Jerry, to say I'm looking forward to meeting you is a..

gross understatment!!

God, how many times have we corresponded???? But please, do trim your beard so you don't scare the Puppies.:hehe:

Word from Bob Meiser is Jim/I will have about a half dozen of his rods for you folks to play with. Several of these are brand new to his line of rods. With a couple of exceptions (individuals) you'll be the first ('public') to actually use these rods.

A "Kauf's first! Very,very cool.

:smokin:

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
Kaufmann's Spey Clave 2004

THANKS!
Meeting everyone was great!
Testing lines
Rods
What a WEEK END!

Thanks Kaufmann's:smokin:

Ps: I have over 100 pic's from the weekend

·
Registered
54 Posts
My hat's off to Kaufmanns. A great gathering, first class. I felt the demonstrations were ecxellent, lot's of info for experienced guys as well as newbes. Where else can you go cast 15 different rods and try every line on your own rod. And who ever said there's no such thing as a free lunch?

Thanks Kaufmanns!

·
SRO Direct Dealer
578 Posts
Kaufmanns' Spey DAys

Another great opportunity to learn and test rods and lines. Thanks to Kaufmann's and all the presenters and mfgs. Receiving tips to improve you casting from Dana and all makes the week end very special. There is so much to learn, so many rods and lines and so little time.

The sausage for lunch was excellent. Thanks.

Rich

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did not go to the Clave but had the pure enjoyment of waking Fred up at 0530 on Monday morning. Sinktip and I were getting ready to float and he was a bit nervous to bang on someones land tuna door that early in the morning. Guns ya know. But Fred
had a warm smile and hot coffee ready. We had a nice conversation till it got light enough to start the float. It is fun to meet the different folks that post on these here boards. I really thought that Fred even though long time gone from BC would speak Canadian, eh! But no, more like someone closer to Ashland OR than the great northern coast of BC. Thanks Fred for your hospitality at such an early morning time only Steelheaders can love. Nice to meet you.
OC

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
OC,

Did you guys find fish or did you have the same results myself and several others that I ran into on the Skagit have?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great Gathering!

Hi Spey Casters,

It was so great to be there at Kaufmanns�fs Spey day. And I would like to thank you Dennis
for your kind invitation for me at such great opportunity and meeting with excellent anglers.
Although I couldn�ft do best demo at there for language problem
and a little of hangover, I could enjoy most of time.
I just hope my intention of �geasy way of Spey-casting�h got little through to people during my demo cast.
1: Excellent opportunity and education for watching top casters�f Demos. :rolleyes:
2: Great thanks to Marlow-san / Ed-san / Leland-san for kind hospitality and secret fishing method.
3: And so happy to meet all of new friends there.
Etc. etc. Just great!
Sincerely hope to come back to Monroe once again.

Thanks Kaufmanns!

Nobuo.

PS: Hi Simon it will cost you few lines for my stolen Cello-tape! :devil:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Flytyer,

We had one of those NW days of way tooo much wind, up to 40 knots and way too much rain. Only three boats on the river and all of us had to take shelter for about an hour at one time because we would have flipped the drift boat.

But PM sinktip and ask him how we did and how yesterday was. Ya know I can't say much because of my genetic imprinting.:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts