Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who haven't been following the waterproof gloves thread, I thought I'd post the standup effort from Kast and their company president, Colby Hackbarth. I maybe jumped the gun the other night just after midnight when Kast ran a banner ad on their site advertising a two day sale. The Kast steelhead glove was listed as part of this sale at $63.99, but by the next morning was back to $71.99. I sent a message to Mr. Hackbarth who, without hesitation, offered to honor the discount price for speypages members only through tomorrow night. I have 0 stake in this at all, I just like the look of Kast gear and find it very functional as well. In my excitement I posted the discount on the gloves and felt bad when it changed the next morning. The least I could do was contact the company to see if they'd honor the price for those of us discussing the glove and interested in purchasing them. This isn't a cheap item but it's truly unique and absolutely waterproof and, in fact, less harmful to anadromous species when used in tailing fish(more on that on the other thread). Lastly, it's rarely ever discounted. So, for a short time, go to kastgear.com and support a respectable company with a standup President. Much respect, thank you Kast and Colby! Here's the email I received:

Hey Carey,

Good to hear from you. On the glove issue, they started the sale and we had an IT hiccup that put the gloves at the same discounted rate as the rest of the gear. The correct sale price is $71.99. Since you posted it, I will honor that price($63.99) for everybody on the spey pages that wants to get in on it. Sale runs until Sunday night. Sorry for the confusion. Have them email us at [email protected] and we will get in contact with everybody that wants to order at that price.

I figured you would get into quite the discussion on the slime issue. Feel free to quote and I would use the HFF specifically.

Colby Hackbarth

President

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kast waterproof steelhead glove for speypages members only

Final day bump ttt

Want to make sure all have a shot at this sweet deal for speypages members only through tonight. Kast is doing us a solid and honoring a discount on their waterproof steelhead glove @ $63.99! See this unique and functional glove @ kastgear.com

See above post for info on getting your discount!

·
Steelhead junkie
345 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I just sent them an email. The thought of warm, dry unexposed fingertips while swinging in Upstate, NY...........

·
sushiyummy & C&R
1,041 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. With the winter blast coming early this year, I too am looking fwd to try these gloves. Now whoever invents anti guide icing- he gets to be the person of the year.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Ditto

Thanks for the heads up. With the winter blast coming early this year, I too am looking fwd to try these gloves. Now whoever invents anti guide icing- he gets to be the person of the year.
Sent off an email inquiring as to placing an order for these gloves. Also seem to recall a thread some time ago discussing iced up guides and various attempts at dealing with the problem. Will have to do a search on that. Only thing I have come up with to date is to submerge the guides in the water & then shake off the excess just prior to the sweep.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Discount code=speypages

Due to unexpected volume, their website is experiencing difficulties. Where have we heard that before? Give them a call at (208) 523-3474 and place your order the old fashion way, over the phone.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great company to deal with. Even with the issues. Quick replies. As for the comment on shipping, I know from experience cross border shipping is expensive. For example, I live in BC just across the border and to ship a rod to Washington state for repairs was $48. I went across the border and shipped it for $6.60.
Just my two bits.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Great company to deal with. Even with the issues. Quick replies. As for the comment on shipping, I know from experience cross border shipping is expensive. For example, I live in BC just across the border and to ship a rod to Washington state for repairs was $48. I went across the border and shipped it for $6.60.
Just my two bits.
But that's a rod, these are gloves. $30? Really?

·
Registered
180 Posts
The cheapest method to ship to Toronto is $28.25USD. I guess they need to recoup their losses somewhere.

Mark
I seen that too so I contacted them about the shipping and they said its usps priority at $28.25 and would be around $10 usps mail to shipp here to Ont.

·
Registered
22 Posts
contact brian niska @ whistler fly fishing if youre in canada... he might be able to get them cheaper to to you without having to deal with the boarder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts