Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
registered text offender
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this rod (a sage 8136iiie) was mistakenly sent to me by a well known sp member. being the class act that he is, when i called to tell him that it wasnt the rod he thought he sent, he apologized, and said just keep it (thanks bro !!) well, i would have, the rod is in very fishable shape, but it just didn't seem kosher, and did i really need another rod anyway ?
so, for a small donation to NFS, (250 clams) i will forward this rod to it's new home (shipped free). keep in mind, its not the prettiest, its not new, it has no tube, just a sock in a shipping tube. it is functionally perfect from what i can tell (i did cast it once, seems to really like a 550 skagit) i will post pics as soon as i can. but in the meantime, check your wallet, mull it over, do the research, and join NFS ! first i'll take it at 250 bucks can send in their donation, and then email me a receipt, and i will send it off..... to keep it simple i'd like to keep it in the lower 48, but others should feel free to donate to NFS, no matter where you live !

Attachments

·
registered text offender
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pics

as you can see in the pics, rod has some masking tape and tape residue, and some discoloring on one ferrules flex coat. the cork is in really good shape. a little goo gone, and you'll have yourself a pretty good looking rod, with lots of mojo to boot. i doubt we'll raise a 1,000 bucks, but every little bit helps. maybe enough to save just one big, wild egg wagon ?

·
registered text offender
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, since noone was interested in trying to get this rod for 50 or 100 bucks, lets try this. first i'll take it 250 bucks. same deal as before. yes, NFS is fighting the good fight. a free rod, for a small donation, no catch.

·
registered text offender
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, that worked. NFS gets a 250 dollar donation, and jackson gets an 8136.
rod is headed to washington today. thanks to all !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts