Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Kamloops Spey School

Hi Dana

Some weekend in June, before the summer vacation period would be good for me.

JimC

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we have our dates!

July 5th & 6th in Kamloops, British Columbia.

We will cast on the Thompson, location tba.

$150 for one day; $250 for both days (remember these are Canadian dollars for those of you who might want to come north to Kamloops Lake Country for a few days of spey casting and a few days of lake fishing--I hit the sedge hatch on a Kamloops area lake this same weekend last season!).

Maximum 10 casters.

post here or let me know by pm or email if you can attend!

JimC and FrenchCreek, I presume you are holding down the first and second spots?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dana, I'm definitely in for one day, probaly the Sunday-July 6.
I plan to stay after for a week of camping to catch the sedge hatch as well.
Maybe, if there is enough interest, we could also do a mini-sedge-clave?
I plan to bring my pontoon boat as well as my power boat (larger lakes) for the week. I ususally do the lakes in the hills around Falkland/Westwold, but I also want to try the lakes up on the plateau this year and time permitting, try some lakes north of Kamloops.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Dana

Yes, please, count on me for both Saturday and Sunday, I need all the help I can get .

You'll have to guarantee that after we are finished, I will be able to manage a double spey without tying it around my neck though :)

I assume we bring our own equipment?

JimC

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies, fellows!

Jim, definitely bring your own gear. I've found it best for people to use their own equipment at the schools so that they can get the right feel for things which will help tremendously when practicing later on their own. That said I will have some fun stuff along for everyone to try out if they like. I always bring my Loops, and since my closet is rather full of spey stuff I often root through it and bring along a few surprises, too. And yes I think we can tune up your double spey!

Pete, I will fish either Friday or Monday (or maybe both) so hitting a lake is certainly a possibility!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dana, let me know which lake day(s) work best for you and I'll arrange my schedule accordingly.
I met up with Brian AKA Whistler at the FF show here in town a few weeks back. We talked about the Loop rods. I want to try out something in the 6-7-8 class to use on the Bow. My current 10-150 Sage is a bit much for the river. I also want to learn more about and try out different lines and overall just get better at spey casting. I don't get to spey a lot, so a few days practice will help out.
Mostly I want to meet up with other folks and just maybe, indulge in some Holy Peat Water libations.

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pete, send me your address by pm and I'll send you a lightline Loop spey to play with later this spring (Brian has it right now). The Bow is my home river when it comes to trout and I'd be interested to hear how those McLeod River steelhead transplants feel on the end of the 7116!

I used to sneak into the Witch's Run with my 3 weight in the early morning hours to hide in high grass hoping for the PMD hatch and big 'bows on flat water. And do the browns in town still take a swung tan caddis sparkle pupa on a warm July evening?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ah yes... the Witch run....
Still a prolific run with large Bow's and Brown's aplenty...
PM on the way

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kamloops

Hi Dana Hope you're getting better , I suppose it will take a bit recharge the batteries . Who is the money/registration person for the Kamloops school (clave) gathering ,cast till your arms fall off have to drink beer with a straw?:eyecrazy: Had a great time afraid I got the bug . Cheers Bruce

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Bruce!

Al Long at the Kamloops Fly Shop is your contact. You can call him at 250.377.8461.

Thanks for your concern about my health! Unfortunately I'm not feeling much better (sore throat, cough, sinus infection, fatigue, the whole catastrophe) but I'll be back on the water tomorrow and Sunday at the Kaufmann's Spey Days. No rest for the wicked I guess!

I hope to be better by the time the Kamloops school rolls around, though!:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts