Spey Pages banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
Dull hooks
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I really like seeing your progression :)

Mike
Thank you Mike! I don’t know what i have been doing for the last 14 years on this website (not much) but I feel like I’m actually participating now! I’m having a lot of fun engaging and getting feedback.
Cheers-Jeffreylee

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
Dull hooks
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·

Got to work on the hackle set... and I need some more work :)
Lacking neck hackle, I used a bag of chewed up looking badger saddle...
feedback...., thank you!

·
Administrator
19,353 Posts
Thank you Mike! I don’t know what i have been doing for the last 14 years on this website (not much) but I feel like I’m actually participating now! I’m having a lot of fun engaging and getting feedback.
Cheers-Jeffreylee
You actually joined 2 months before I did ... and for whatever reason, I'm glad you started posting more :)
I have found that more that I engage, the more enjoyment I get. This is an awesome community with a vast knowledge base from every aspect of the two-hander.
Our tying sub-forum has got to be the best online for participation, feedback, innovation, information, technique and community environment. The more you put in, the more you gain :)

That double wing above is very unique. May I ask your thought process behind the design??

I also notice you like "drooping" cheeks, much like that crazy Kelson guy.
The double twist rib is cool :cool:

Mike

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
Dull hooks
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
When I joined in 06’ during the first big wave of Skagit casters being introduced to commercially made heads minus the running lines I had nothing to offer, I was new to Spey. Most of the guys talking sense were already into long lines and had knowledge of casting basics that could apply to a conversation. I quickly realized all I had to offer was smart ass remarks and novice nonsense at best. So I laid low for awhile, then lost my ability to access the site for many years. I perused in the shadows and eventually your kind act got me back on the site. It’s been a joy!
... for the double wing, I was thinking about “flutter” when it’s in the zone..and how it might fish verses a single set of wings. I don’t have one of those fly tanks that you can see how it fishes but I imagine it to do something similar to the idea in my mind.

·
Administrator
19,353 Posts
Well I'm glad you're active now :)
I really am enjoying your posts here.

I get your thoughts ... pretty cool actually. Take it to the river and give it a wash. Bring it in close and see what it does. It will give you a good understanding of how your design is reacting.

Mike

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
Dull hooks
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Good night all you swingers!

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
Dull hooks
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
👆👆👆👆☝☝☝☝🤘👊

Now that is money

Proper tag and body length in regards to the hook, nice low tail, hackle not too thick, and the mallard wing with crest is just the right amount.

Take that to the bank...prefererably a cut bank. or a nice gravel bar
Appreciate that! Thx yo

61 - 80 of 89 Posts