Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Gave this one a shot the middle of last year. A cool homage to Syd glasso by Dareld Thompson, I'd fish the pattern in clear water in your typical run. Granted, yellow shows up well under water...but I'd see myself swinging this on a clear day, perhaps when the sun is a little higher or heading near twilight. I think yours is tied well and enjoy that you've used what looks like angora or another type of yarn. I used floss on mine.
Good tying to you!

Bicycle part Eyewear Bicycle handlebar Wood Engineering

·
Registered
Hardy spey and single handed rods and Sharpes Scottie
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gave this one a shot the middle of last year. A cool homage to Syd glasso by Dareld Thompson, I'd fish the pattern in clear water in your typical run. Granted, yellow shows up well under water...but I'd see myself swinging this on a clear day, perhaps when the sun is a little higher or heading near twilight. I think yours is tied well and enjoy that you've used what looks like angora or another type of yarn. I used floss on mine.
Good tying to you!

View attachment 393983
Thanks! Your fly is stunning! Love that small head! Originally I think the føy is made with yarn. Gets a bit more fluffy, I also made some with pearsalls floss, getting a bit more sleek.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts