Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hardy
I must say these is not the Hardy speyrods that I started my speycasting carrier with.
I cast a total of four Gems and two Hardy Origin Salmon Fly Rod - 5 Piece
(9140/5 Origin Salmon and 10150/5 Origin Salmon).
I was truly impressed with the performance you can tell that there is an unyielding persuite of excellence in these rod designs I give them two thumbs up.

The Scierra 9120/6-piece rod showed up with Leroy and it was a delight to cast. I had a ball with this rod.

Mr. Robert Meiser kept pressing more and more rods into my hands along with his newest rod with is 13 something for 8/9ish.
This new rod is truly something we will be looking to the speygods for relief from this one.

Kerry Burkheimer made the trip and let me cast a couple of his little ladies and they are still some of the finest casting rods in the world bar nun

Dave Bell of Alltmor Rods let me try couple of new pro-types, which were very pleasing to cast. With the advent to these rods coming to North America the up coming year looks to be really exciting.

Sage’s had a New 13ft something also making the rounds like the feel never got to give it a go though saving that for later.

Winston, T&T, Loop, Powell and others rods were among the exhibitors who willing lent equipment and expertise to any one who ask.

Oh Hal,
You should have seen your little Sage 5120/4 a dressed to the nines sporting a Saracione Deluxe II Trout Reel and the Latest Windcutter 5/6.
Watching Fred Evans belting out the casts in excess of 85 feet as carressed her and whispered sweet nothings to her.

Got to cast the Airflo traditional as much as I wanted and will be looking deeper into this line.
The Rio Scandinavian head system is a real winner as Well as the new 3M Skagit lines. I will be looking forward to see both these items hit the selves

:devil:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Hal .... tell your wife you bought a new rod.

"Oh Hal,
You should have seen your little Sage 5120/4 a dressed to the nines sporting a Saracione Deluxe II Trout Reel and the Latest Windcutter 5/6. Watching Fred Evans belting out the casts in excess of 85 feet as (he) carressed her and whispered sweet nothings to her."

Aaron's comment above, not withstanding, I was darned impressed with this rod. I can really see this rod at work for light summer run work or up on the holly waters below the Rogue Dam. Match this up with a poly/woven-sinking leader (see Bob M's post elsewhere .... my "secret nymphing weapon!") and it would be a thing of beauty for chasing Mr. Trout.
fae

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hal's absence????

Hal has been "noticeably absent" of late. Hasn't had any posts lately. Hope he's OK.

BobK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts