Spey Pages banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all
Hope everyone is having a great day

Todays post consists of streamers for trout..specifically the LARGE BROWNS that occupy the delaware river and its branches....for many seasons I fished exclusively with stinger type flies...I did well at times but there were more than a few times that I saw the fish attack the front of the fly versus the rear...so last year I tied a bunch with a hook in front as well as rear..the action on the flies was fantastic and I did catch a few on the front hook

As the pics will show ...

Rear shanks are short to medium length rigged with a wire to accept a stinger hook

These rear shanks are attached to a regular hook with a wire loop to allow a swinging up/down back forth of tail

MAterials for these shown are all bird fur tails with marabou collars with supporting roles (literally) of palmer chenille and coq de leon....

Some are weighted some not

KISS..these are working everyday flys with fantastic movement and work for me using fox, ****, rhea, and all sorts of other materials..but the marbou just does it

Hope you like and thanks for looking!

david

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check out Montana fly company's shanks (sheeeeet I should be sponsored by them as much as I promote their product lol)
Really nice selection of lenths , all with full return eyes..choice of off set or up eyes....great product...in all honesty these that used were of a very flexible iron and kinda lame..hence the use as just a tail

By the way ...welcome aboard the site..great bugs...better fish...awesome energy and mojo...

David

·
SHUT UP & FISH!
71 Posts
Check out Montana fly company's shanks (sheeeeet I should be sponsored by them as much as I promote their product lol)
Really nice selection of lenths , all with full return eyes..choice of off set or up eyes....great product...in all honesty these that used were of a very flexible iron and kinda lame..hence the use as just a tail

By the way ...welcome aboard the site..great bugs...better fish...awesome energy and mojo...

David
david trout
thanks for the compliment and the advise.
I love Montana thread.
I won a great pair of hemos in a brown trout pattern from them on facebook but sadly set them down somewhere.
ive been swamped with orders from chuck n duckers but I will post new flies soon as the people run starts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts