Spey Pages banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dom
3,315 Posts
Yea, these flies are no joke... I think you did very well! What hook is that and did you used real toucan? If not im interested to hear what subs you used. You still have 4 hooks left crank a Highlander, I think its a touch easier.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, these flies are no joke... I think you did very well! What hook is that and did you used real toucan? If not im interested to hear what subs you used. You still have 4 hooks left crank a Highlander, I think its a touch easier.
Thanks, first time trying this. Hook is a Partridge long shank dee hook that I cut back, not sure of the hook#. No real toucan for me, I used CDC. Cheeks and tail veil are Ringneck pheasant. Think my next fly might be a Wooley Bugger.:D

·
Dom
3,315 Posts
So you say you'll fish it... without a doubt you will hook up. Try not to dig out your gut, bustard, and silks when this happens... It's a magical thing to swim these things! Besides Green Highlander try Ranger series they are just as beautiful but much quicker to whip. Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.