Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
Yea, these flies are no joke... I think you did very well! What hook is that and did you used real toucan? If not im interested to hear what subs you used. You still have 4 hooks left crank a Highlander, I think its a touch easier.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, these flies are no joke... I think you did very well! What hook is that and did you used real toucan? If not im interested to hear what subs you used. You still have 4 hooks left crank a Highlander, I think its a touch easier.
Thanks, first time trying this. Hook is a Partridge long shank dee hook that I cut back, not sure of the hook#. No real toucan for me, I used CDC. Cheeks and tail veil are Ringneck pheasant. Think my next fly might be a Wooley Bugger.:D

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
So you say you'll fish it... without a doubt you will hook up. Try not to dig out your gut, bustard, and silks when this happens... It's a magical thing to swim these things! Besides Green Highlander try Ranger series they are just as beautiful but much quicker to whip. Good luck!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Oh man. You are good. Id be happy with that anyday.

Id like to see the topping hugging the wing more, and abit longer mallard. But still great.

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,306 Posts
A real nice job on this Matt,

I've made perhaps a dozen over the years but never one that well. I still have a couple in unused condition.

Ard

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Very nice dressing. I've half-assed this pattern once and your selection of substitutions has me thinking about taking another stab at it...

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks you guys. I know it's not perfect by any means but was fun to tie and I'm sure it'll fish well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts