Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off thanks to everyone who helped put the speyclave together.

Thank you Aaron for setting everything up and Michael for instigating this regular spey event. I was glad to be able to meet you both.

Another thanks to our Canadien brethren up north, Dana, Tyler, and Poul for making the trip down. Your expertise improved my casting by leaps and bounds. Not only can they cast but they are great instructors as well.

The caliber of casters at the clave was amazing. Truly some of the best in the NW if not the country. It was also really cool to meet two of the Northwest's steelheading greats in Ed Ward and Mike Kinney.

There were a ton of excellent casters and the best thing was everyone was willing to answer questions. I saw a lot of people's (including mine) casting really improve after just a couple of hours of coaching and practicing.

All the free coaching and literally having 30 different rods to cast was truly awesome. I am already having bad thoughts about stealing Brian's CND:)

THANK YOU to everyone and I am already looking forward to the next one in February.

Here are some photos I took at the event. Sorry for the image quality on some. I forgot to change the mode from indoors to outdoors so some are a little dark and fuzzy.

Dana starts out the day with a little instruction:

click for image

click for image

Everyone gearing up to start casting:

click for image

Leland doing a little coaching. I think Pat was easily the most improved caster of the day:

click for image

Tyler talking with Sinktip and OC:

click for image

Casting on the Snoqualmie:

click for image

DoubleSpey doing a little coaching:

click for image

Everyone taking a little break:

click for image

Did I mention we had a few rods to cast:

click for image

DoubleSpey explaining the doublespey:

click for image

How is this for a group of great casters and all around nice guys? Brian , Aaron , Dana, and Tyler:

click for image

Mike Kinney discussing his shooting head line with Brian and Leland:

click for image

Dana and Ed Ward (bad pic):

click for image

Again thanks Aaron for putting this togther. I had a great time and will be stopping by your shop very soon!

-sean

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Sean,

I had a great day as well, it was as good as could be without actually fishing! For the most part the weather held off, the Clavers were hardcore - most were still casting at 4:00 PM - there were some serious steelheading dudes to meet, some Cubans were torched and the Krispey Cremes were happening!

A fabulous time and I am really looking forward to the Show Clave. Thanks to Aaron and everyone involved in the organizing of the Clave - great job! :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts