Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve spent the past two wonderful, fabulous weekends fishing the Yakima River with a Bob Meiser 11’ 4” 5/6 trout spey. Well, more accurately, a rod that Bob has provided Aaron (Speybum) so that folks like me (and you) can try it before we buy one.

You see, that is my problem. Because Aaron has so many other folks asking to try this rod, I'll have to give it back now. But I don’t want to. I’m not gonna. No. no. no! I'm not gonna, so there!

Now that I think about it, I bet some of YOU who frequent SpeyClave here are the real culprits. YOU are probably the ones that have repeatedly called Aaron asking..”Has DLOOP return the 11’ 4” Meiser yet?...” Damm You. Damm You! Because of you I'll have to give it back now. (much whimpering heard in the distance)

If it weren’t for you, I could keep this until Bob sends me my very own 11' 4" 5/6. Yes, I broke down and ordered one. Yes, I'm a wus. Geez, this is like drugs isn’t it?. Aaron and Bob are conspiring against me. They let you try out this wonderful rod until you are addicted, then they just take it away.

This is going to be a tough few weeks for me and, yes, I’m expecting help from all of YOU to get me through this. How will I cope?

If you don’t see a post from me for several days, it’s either because I couldn’t handle the pressure and just cracked, or I went AWOL with the Meiser. :devil:

BTW, I caught five on the Yak today. I just love this rod.

Hmmm, I bet I can run faster than Aaron.

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
Hey Loop,
I was down at Aaron's Saturday get together and I heard quite a few people asking about that rod. I wasn't one of them. :devil: I am sorry you have to give it back. Well you should bite the bullet and give it back this week so all those whiners can use it this coming Saturday.:hehe:

Kevin

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Childs Play, pure childs play!

You think you've got it bad .... from my office at Umpqua bank it's about a 15 minute drive to Bob's house/shop.

So near, .... yet so far .... so many toys, so little time .. actually, so little bank account per "The Redhead."

The good news is Bob will have several of his demo Rod at the Charity Spey Clinic next weekend for folks to 'play around with.' Bring your cheque book.:devil: "Worse yet!" Bob and I were discussing the menu's for this up-coming weekend. He's got A KILLER plan!!!

My mouth is watering just thinking about what he's got in mind ... and no I'm not telling!! Besides designing/building very fine equipment, Bob's one of the best 'beach chiefs' in Southern Oregon. When that BBQ's be smoken,' we seem to collect folks from a half mile 'down wind.'

"100' casts with a trout rod...now this introduces a new problem. When throwing medium to small fry flies, how in the world are you supposed to spot your fly out there that far?

I was having trouble today at half that distance."

DLoop, any idea who said that in a post a couple of days ago?

:devil:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Stop it

i want the blank , SWMBO wont take kindly to that and a trip up the Spey and the rod testing on Curranne ,and the back end trip to Derwent and the SWFF and the drifting Grafhamand the odd Test trouting ,oh wow stop it .

·
Registered
886 Posts
Well Andy you never know what you'll find on Speyside these days. I'm promised a Meiser stick late April.
You will have to ask nicely, say please.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see a pattern developing

fredaevans said:
.. actually, so little bank account per "The Redhead."

"100' casts with a trout rod...now this introduces a new problem. When throwing medium to small fry flies, how in the world are you supposed to spot your fly out there that far? I was having trouble today at half that distance."

DLoop, any idea who said that in a post a couple of days ago?
Fred, I also answer to a "Redhead".

I don't usually believe in conspiracy theories, but it looks to me that we can start to zero in on the plan that Bob and Aaron have: They are targeting weak-minded spey junkies who are married to Redheads. That, must be their plan!

Knowing their strategy is important. Now, we can possibly implement some countermeasures. Hmmm, I can't think of any however. It is probably too late for us. We are toast.
--------

Regarding the "100' casts and seeing the fly on the water out that far..."; I temporarily solved this by using GPearson's advice. I just swing a sub-surface fly and wait for the "tug". Heck, this is just like winter steelheading (except when I fish for steelhead I don't ever entertain the thought of actually catching something. :))

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
They are targeting weak-minded spey junkies who are married to Redheads

DLoop ... that about covers it ... and quite well I might add.....:eek:

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
It just keep getting better

D-Loop
Have faith.
Take two drams and keep up the good thoughts.
Just talked to Bob and he has a plan to take care of you.
If only I had your problems.
The little elves when through an entire jug of 18 year old Maccallans on Saturday afternoon and left me with the empty bottle.
But I was smart I still had the Bottle of Dalwhinnie 15 year in the stash ( Thanks Tim)
They figured that I need some cheering up now that the River is closed.
Little do they know.
I think I may Join Fred or Marlow for a few days.

See you this week end

:smokin:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Right Answer!

"I think I may Join Fred or Marlow for a few days."

But keeping in mind, driving north you're likely go get zip. Driving south .... you're heading into the peak of our winter season. Don't forget to bring along some 'sun block;' can't have you going home looking like a cooked lobster.
:hehe:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
A 'dirty job, but someones got to do it!'

Aaron, The BobMeister, JD and I expect you down here SOONEST!
jee/bm/jdj/fae/Bella/Alasandro .... and Saki whose still hiding under the bed. Well, save for one group of new photo's that will go on webshots shortly. Cat on stairs, dogs (IQ's of low bowling scores) saying Ooooooo she's ours. Cat ... looking back saying: "you want a part of me?" Come down one more step ... here doggie, doggie..."
:devil:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
t-minus 60 minutes

I will be dropping the 11' 4" Meiser rod off at Aaron's in about an hour.

This is a sad, sad day.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I did it. I returned the Meiser trout spey as I promised. Ol Rich was there too. Neither he nor Aaron had any sympathy for me. In fact, Aaron just came right out and told to quit whining.

It's a cruel world.

DLoop (Meiserless until Bob builds me my own)

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
D-Loop

Remember we must share our toys with others.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
This thread may get longer ...

Understand Meis' is bring this rod for the folks to 'play with' this weekend to the Charity Clinic. Aside, from being one heck of a rod builder ... you've just got to see this fellow run his magic fingers over a bar b que.

He's an all-round HOTTIE!!

:smokin:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
This is how Crack dealers operate. The first taste is always free.

"This is how Crack dealers operate. The first taste is always free. Then they got ya!" Charlie.

My wife is certain that this is Meize's evil plan.

He "loans" the rods to you, and you get addicted to them. Then the rods are so artistic, the wives, say "Buy, it ! It is a pretty rod versus those ugly mass made ones!"

I will be picking up my 4th Meize rod later this month.:devil:

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
Is there a Doctor in the house

After reading all the post there most be a Doctor around here, that can help all you guys!:tsk_tsk:

Let me think!:confused:

Yes, DR. Speybum:devil:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Brian Simonseth

"After reading all the post there most be a Doctor around here, that can help all you guys! "

Brian, there are some medical problems/afflictions that are best managed by letting them run their natural time course without any potentially dangerous outside intervention! :hehe:

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
Grampa

I'll have to remember that the next time I go to

Dr. Speybum:devil:
Dr. Sparkey:devil:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts