Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Jack Cook
1,668 Posts
Several

There are patterns for Intruders and several large Wadding Prawn and Squid patterns in the pattern section at www.irishangler.com.

There are even step by step instructions with pictures

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's a beautiful thing...

I woke up the other morning (which is always a good thing) and took a breath of cool autumn air, and immediately thought of growing a beard and tying intruders. I'm glad I'm in good company.

Just out of curiousity, when does everyone decide to make the transition to fishing larger winter patterns? Do you wait for the rain to come and bring up the water and throw in some color, cooler water temps, short days, or what? Everyone's got their own formula for when to fish what....

·
Registered
360 Posts
Intruders

are wonderful they catch everything.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not an expert on coho but, soft "drab" colours when water is low/clear olive, gray, claret & gold. infact just tie on a lady caroline, Big:hihi:

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
mjyp said:
in the chicago-land area an intruder is something you put to sleep with a 45.....:lildevl:

"Intruder"????

Thats what we call VooDoo when we see him on the Fulton beat now that he jumped ship and moved down to Kalabama.

Traitor, Benedict Arnold, Sell Out, Sally, are a few of the others.

·
fly on little wing
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jamey McLeod said:
"Intruder"????

Thats what we call VooDoo when we see him on the Fulton beat now that he jumped ship and moved down to Kalabama.

Traitor, Benedict Arnold, Sell Out, Sally, are a few of the others.
I thought you got my back?!?!??

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
voodoofly said:
I thought you got my back?!?!??
Just messin' with you bro'. Too bad about Mojo's. Maybe you should tie SVA and myself each a dozen intruders to make up for it. I'll take mine in black and purple :hihi: :hihi:.

·
Registered
360 Posts
on tubes?

"Happy" No, but i'm sure it would work just fine! give it a try and fill me in.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Happy Gilmore said:
Has anyone done a Lady Caroline transcribed to a tube/shank pattern?
For awhile now, I've had tying the Lady Caroline on a tube on my "TO DO" list for steelies. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be getting to it.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
While I haven't religiously copied the materials list of the Lady Caroline, I have been tying an Intruder that I call the Lady Caroline Intruder for a couple of seasons now. It follows the concept of the Caroline, it is muted browns and greens, with natural pheasant tail hackle, it has become a bit of a favourite.

I find it particlarly effective in bright clear conditions, or if I am fishing big water that has been hard hit by standard black or orange flies. I will say that one thing it has in common with its namesake is that trout love the thing :Eyecrazy: . Maybe it is the colour combo, but I think that it may be more likely that the rivers I am using it in also have crayfish populations - and this is what the trout are seeing. These are full-fledged Intruders 4-6" long and trout clobber them (oh ya - so do steelhead).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts