Spey Pages banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not in a hurry but looking for something waterproof. Would prefer a Canadian transaction to avoid costly shipping and dollar exchange but not ruling it out..

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll look into it. Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just got the room top from Dryft, really like it and much cheaper than other brands with some features that others don’t have.

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh Dryft. I like Dryft stuff.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Dan,

I bought new from L'Ami Du Moucheur (at that time, they had a sale). Free shipping in Canada (at this price level), but of course there are taxes to.

David

·
Registered
745 Posts
Dan if you’re still looking, check out the Loop 25L dry pack…it’s waterproof and a roll top. Pretty awesome pack.

Hooke sells it online with free delivery,

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Been trying to sell my sagebrush hip and deck
TIZIP instead of roll top (better option IMO)
I think I found the post. Looks like a nice pack but a little more money than I'd like to spend right now especially considering dollar exchange these days.
Bag of bags, right there, Erie.
Coming from you I believe it. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Coming from you I believe it. Thank you.
I bought my first two bags from them eleven years ago. Still going strong. Bought the deck bag that Rammers is selling eight years ago, as I kept filling the larger pack on day trips and wearing myself out. It’s by far my favorite fishing bag I’ve ever had, perfect size, really durable, and completely waterproof (you do need to treat the zipper with t-zipp once in a while), and I find the zipper way more convenient than rolling and unrolling.

·
Outerhebrides
332 Posts
Not in a hurry but looking for something waterproof. Would prefer a Canadian transaction to avoid costly shipping and dollar exchange but not ruling it out..
Grunden's Rumrunner. $90 USD I went down this road a few months ago. Lots of these waterproof roll-tops are vastly overpriced. The t-zip thing is a nice idea, but when you read the fine print they are not standing behind them for very long. Grunden's has been at this forever, mostly in commercial fishing gear. I have dragged mine hither and yon and it is a good pack. Good straps, chest buckle, and hip belt.

·
Registered
T&T, Beulah, RB Meiser, CF Burkheimer, Hardy, Airflo, Galvan, Orvis, Islander.
156 Posts
So many good bags... I'll add one more suggestion... I picked up a Patagonia rolltop bag as it integrates with their convertible vest which I ended up getting as well and the whole set up is awesome.

Before that I was looking at an ll bean rolltop backpack with attachable/detachable water resistant chest bag.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a roll top from a company called Over Board, made in BC on Van island, its a no frills pack but has stood up really well for I guess been 5-6 years now. 30 liter, roll top and padded straps and on back. Lost a D ring trying to haul sowshoes and the webbing for water bottle has torn, no other damage and its been used on some month long spring and fall trips so seen snow to heat and lots of rain. They make boats, search and rescue and RCMP buy some gear from them they said as well as kayaker,s ect. Their just outside of Victoria from memory and may be worth a look if you haven,t got one already. Daryl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts