Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... The other day I was pantomiming (correct term???) some double speys off both shoulders, and managed to whack the tip of the butt section of my beloved Loop Green into the ceiling tile and tile holding framework. It left a chip in the epoxy (don't think it went into the graphite) at the very end. I'm a little concerned that this may compromise the integrity of the bottom section. Any thoughts? Should I be worried, or is this pretty minor? Thanks.

Matt

·
Registered
147 Posts
anything like that you do does weaken the integrity of the rod. HOWEVER!!!
I seriously doubt you did any damage that would cause the rod to break, especially in the butt section.. Rods that break as the result of previous damage such as hook checks the like usually break in the tip or upper mid you'd have to really hit the butt section of a spey rod very hard to cause that kind of damage...

if it ain't broke don't fit it :) just go fishing and don't worry

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

Bob,

Good idea; I think I'll do just that.

Rob,

Also a good idea :) . I plan to just keep fishing it until/if it explodes. Fortunately, I'm a pretty new caster, and not generating a whole lot of torque yet :hihi: .

Thanks

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.