Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this little Irish pattern tied by Adrian yesterday and I just so happened to have received some beautiful peacock from Mike recently (THANKS AGAIN) that have been waiting for an application so here it is. I don't have any mohair so I subbed all the dubbings and changed the colors a bit to fit my confidence. I am not on the level of Adrian but overall I'm pretty happy with this one and think it will just glow in the water!

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,447 Posts
Stellar tying Josh :smokin:
Glad you like the peacock and that you are using it too !!
I look forward to seeing more flies from you with peacock mixed in :)

Mike

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're a real comedian Tim! Haha

Thanks for the kind words guys, I was very excited to use these feathers for something, I'm thinking some of the eyes will turn out to be toppings on married wings. I'm looking for patterns that will show off their beauty without having to use them all on one iron!

·
Administrator
19,447 Posts
I like that herl for a wing on a Snow Fly , sometimes I mix it with the regular "green" herl too , gives a nice contrast .
Also awesome in mixed wing patterns like the Skirmisher or as an underwing with quills overtop .
I have recently tied a Picasse with a couple herls as a topping , looks stellar !!

Last fall on my salar hunt , I tied a little low water using that herl as an under-wing with black bear , flash and .... I should just send you one :rolleyes:

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts