Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I've just joined the forum and am enjoying seeing your North American styles of tying and patterns :smile2:.

Being from Ireland and fishing mostly for Atlantic Salmon we tie a lot of Irish Shrimp flies - here's a recent tying that I did during lockdown. Hope you guys enjoy and I'm sure they might tempt a fish or two on your side of the pond.

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
Excellent video, thanks for sharing :)
Make no mistake, these little shrimp patterns do work here at home. I've been offering these to local steelhead for a decade with decent results.
Glad you joined our forum :)

Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Mike and glad to be on board, always great to learn new things, and so I'm particularly pleased to hear our Irish Shrimps having been working well for you... but then I'm a little biased! :).

They do say that good patterns 'travel well' and I think the internet allows for a much easier transfer of knowledge. I think some of your Intruder patterns will similarly definitely work for our Atlantics and trout, I just need to field test some of them!

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Great video, appreciate your very thorough and detailed narration. Thanks for posting such a beautifully tied fly.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Love this style!!!! Thanks

Reactions: Easky

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Easky.

Great shrimp! Like the fellows said...it would definitely work for my fish here.

Cheers,
Adrian

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, your kind comments are much appreciated!

Will see if I can post up some other styles that we tie over here

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
You've got me curious...is the Bann close by to the River Bush? I just finished a fly pattern for the River Bush

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool coincidence Adrian and loved the fly which I have just saw in another thread!

And yes the River Bush is fairly close to the River Bann, though is another system and more of a spate river rather than lough fed like the Bann. I don't have any videos of the Bush but again by coincidence have just edited a short movie of the famous Carnroe beat of the Bann. Hope you enjoy :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts