Spey Pages banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Continuing to branch out. The hook will get the snip as there is a loop in there somewhere for a trailer.

Trying something different, slipped a big pink tungsten bead up just behind the blue marabou at the front. Could have used up a bit more real estate on the hook shank and moved the head forward. Will catch that on the next one.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Continuing to branch out. The hook will get the snip as there is a loop in there somewhere for a trailer.

Trying something different, slipped a big pink tungsten bead up just behind the blue marabou at the front. Could have used up a bit more real estate on the hook shank and moved the head forward. Will catch that on the next one.
Nice looking fly may I suggest a palmed hackle through the body might give you what you are looking for.

·
Registered
663 Posts
This is the kind of fly I have been wanting to tie, but I have never tied a intruder pattern before. Do you have a step by step or a link to where I can watch a good video that will steer me it the right direction.

Oh, and a list of material would be great appreciated.

Or, you could tie me a few in a orange and yellow combo. :D

Thanks Dan

·
Undertaker
1,465 Posts
perfect

Short of dynamite, there's not much that would beat a blue and black intruder when it comes to hauling in steel. Mr. BC, yours is excellent. My only problem with intruders is that I have left too many on the bottom of rivers, and more than a few in the maws of fish. Sometimes it seems the fly is bound and determined to hook something - anything. And so it goes. I love the pearlescent body.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone.

CR, I left out the palmered hackle on purpose for this one, but I think I'll add one in on the next one. Maybe in a brighter colour for some punch and contrast.

Dan, I know there are a heap of Intruder SBS's out there, but I'll start one tonight and if I finish it this evening I'll post it up when I get into work tomorrow.

Eddy, the rod showed up quickly. I meant to message you last night but got side tracked. We took the rod out for a spin and cast a Delta 5/6 on it and a Winter Authority 5/6 (470gr) and just LOVED it. What a great rod. I still have trouble with the longer lines, but my friend didn't. The rod has a great deal of power with very little convincing to get it to go. I'll message you a little bit later today.

Scott.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.