·
Registered
1,163 Posts
What are you using to attach the hook?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
had this same thought the other day. mostly concerned with how long the shrink tube would last in the elements.

finding tubing for DIY ultra tubes is cheap enough that I just do that with shank flies
I'm thinking shrink tubing would be OK in the elements as I have buried the stuff on larger wire. Can only try and see. Harbor Freight has the small stuff on sale. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Isnt this the "ultra rig"? This is what French/Ward/et al. came up with when they were scheming up their whole skagit stuff. I think they used tubing from speaker wire initially. As far as I know, the "ultra rig" from aqua flies is the commercially sold way to do this.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
These are the type of answers that piss people off, the question was about trailing hooks, if you like tube flies then move on without leaving a smart ass answer, you're not funny or clever.
And clearly neither are you! Not being a smart ass just offering a different solution to the problem. I also see some people are literally telling him to use the rubber hook keepers that you would use on a tube fly anyways!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts