Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious what works best for others for intruder fly box? any tips or tricks? all of mine end up in a jumbled up mess. looks like scrap basket from my tying desk.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Whatever the box. You can use large diameter 7/11 Slurpy straws cut into 1.5-2 inch strips. Slide the intruder fly into the straw and it keeps it nice and organized.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I use a Plano model #3449 plastic box with 5 compartments.
It measures 3.75" by 6.5" and fits nicely in my Simms vest pocket. Walmart sells them for $4.00

·
Registered
774 Posts
I agree with Fish Tech. A simple Plano box holds all of my ugly Salmon River creations. Tube flies are easy to place in the 5 compartments.

Doug

·
Registered
401 Posts
+1 for Plano.

If your flies are tied on shanks or hooks and you want to get fancy, epoxy small magnets at the end of each slot. You can buy the magnets at any craft store, very cheap, they come in six-packs. The head of the shank/hook clings to the magnet and keeps your flies in place.

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,265 Posts
I have 2 of the Plano boxes which are double sided with 5 compartments each side. They fit easy in a Simms G3 pocket and carry a huge number of flies. I use them for all the big stuff including tube flies. hooks for tubes I carry in the package they come in.

These look like this, this one is full of Sculpins.

You flip it over and there is another box just like that on the other side, slick, and that coming from a guy who has been using Wheatley clip boxes since the 70's :)

·
Dom
3,126 Posts
C&F sells a nice magnet box for shanks. I store my tubes in my custom c&f box with tapered pins.

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
ADR it looks like you're really hooked on the fish skulls! No pun intended. I've never used them do you find a little on the heavy side?

KC

·
Anglish spoken here
561 Posts
ADR it looks like you're really hooked on the fish skulls! No pun intended. I've never used them do you find a little on the heavy side?

KC
Hello.. I don´t know,but the one REALLY hooked on fish skulls,is poking his nose into the photo,from right.. Ard,my boy,giving up the REAL boxes,are we?? Sneeeer.. Yours borano20

1 - 10 of 10 Posts