Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm new here. Grew up in Oregon, and relocated out to N. Idaho 2 years ago. I'm an avid steeheader (single hander) making the transition over to the big stick. I primarly fish the Clearwater (Hi Mike!), but chase them all winter around here. I've been practicing alot and getting the mechanics, but feel I've lost alot in the sensation of feeling my swing. Anyway, prepare yourself for questions galore. Is there an animated step by step break down of casts- I have dial up:( Adam.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
Welcome on board Adam. I grew up in N. Idaho before imigrating to the West side back in 1990. You have found the right place. If you search on specific cast names you can find quite a bit of information. Subscribers can also access quite a few videos showing the various casts from several angles. They will take a bit to load though.

sinktip

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hi Adam,
You might consider investing in a couple of the new videos/dvd's - the newest RIO is a great start as it goes through a wide range of casting styles - this you can review at your leasure and save the hassle of downloading on a slow machine!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, got that one. It does help to go out, practice, and then review what you're doing wrong from the video. Those DVD's are worthless in teaching how to do it, at least in the ones I've viewed. you have to get out and try to even understand the mechanics they're explaining IMO.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Nothing

beats a good instructor. There will be a clave on the Clearwater in September. Mike Kinney will be doing some instruction. Contact Mike at the Red Shed, a sponsor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts