Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get my brother introduced to spey. I'm not patient enough to teach anyone, but particularly not my older brother. Hoping to find him someone who can teach in Roseburg, OR. Once he has had a couple of lessons I'll have another excuse to drive down and spend time together.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wes

There are several in the Salem area, all certified THCI's. Check the IFFF website and do a search.

My personal recommendation would be Dwight Klemin.

Tight Loops

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Salem would be a 2 hour drive. While I'd prefer a certified instructor, to get him introduced I'm mostly focused on finding someone who has good teaching skills and is in the Roseburg area.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have fished with Tony Wratney on the N Umpqua, great guide and helped me a bunch with my casting. He has a website at summerrun.net Doc

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Ahhh, the North Ump... this will seperate the 'Men from the Boys.'

Most amazing water I've ever fished and you'd better have a long wading staff. Water, guessing how deep the next step, is a 'prob-step-prob-step.':nerd: If you've never fallen in a river this could be your first. :surprise:

fae

·
Degenerate caster
1,180 Posts
Wes

There are several in the Salem area, all certified THCI's. Check the IFFF website and do a search.

My personal recommendation would be Dwight Klemin.

Tight Loops
I'll second Dwight!
He knows his stuff and is a top notch guy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts