Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Salmonfly3990
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to say Guys when Vision made the GT4 CATAPULT they broke the mould.
15FT of pure power, grace and ease of use.
I use it with a Hardy Angel Mk 2 fitted with one of the best lines I have ever used a 38grm Vision ace shooting head backed with RIO Power shooter line 35mm and use 7ft to 10 ft tips with it.
Caught 30 Atlantic Salmon with it last year and can reach "places others can only dream of".
Love it to bits
Anyway really interested in going "Skagit" got to try it.
Any info guys with using this rod above
Very much like the sound of the new Rio Skagit Line.
Advice anyone?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the 15' Catapult - it is a very nice rod, but I think many mistake its stiffness as power. I like the stiffish action but do not consider the Catapult a particularly powerful rod. Mine has broken twice during normal casting - the blank walls are paper thin. One of my other rods, a Snowbee XS-P is much more powerful.

·
Salmonfly3990
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in praise of the catapult

With ref to breakages with the Catapult I can only say I have heard of others but touch wood mine is ine an I do give it some stick.
May i inquire "do you tape your joints" ? because if not and you are doing different spey casts they will work loose common fault with a lot of rods.
just a thought

·
Registered
41 Posts
Always tape - fact is when you have a 15' rod that weighs 9.7oz then as we say here in Ireland 'the stuff isn't in it'. I would also question the #11 rating for this rod - it is more of a #9/10 in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts