Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to build a new 3wt. And I am debating between the IMX and the G3. I have thrown a g3 5 wt and thought that it was a great rod. Good bang for the buck. I was wondering if anyone out there has casted both and if you could tell a big difference between the 2. Any thoughts????

stewart in alabama

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
The IMX is noticeably quicker and faster with more power throughout the rod. The GL3 has a softer tip and throws loops that are a bit larger than the bullet loops the IMX throws. The GL3 is a more forgiving blank because of its softer tip. The IMX was the blank that preceded the GLX and it is (like the GLX) a fast rod. The IMX will help you throw a cast of 60+ feet in a 3 wt., so if you are looking for a rod that will toss a 3 wt a long way, the IMX would be better than the GL3.

If you like a fast rod, use the IMX blank. If you like a medium-fast rod, use the GL3 blank. And that really is the bottom line: Do you like fast rods or meduim rods? Answer this question and you have the answer to whether you should use a GL3 or an IMX blank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts